What Do You Value in your Life Now that you Exited the Witnesses ?

by flipper 61 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I was talking with a friend of mine on the board yesterday and the discussion gave me the idea for this thread ! ( Thanks friend ! You know who you are. ) And it seems as we were talking the thought came up that many of us when exiting the mind control of Jehovah's Witnesses we really come to appreciate the freedom to think how we want and be able to have access to other views which helps us to have a broader scope , or broader world view than just the tunnel vision of the WT society. We were always TOLD what to think, how to act, where to be on any given moment ( meetings, assemblies, etc. ) - now WE have the freedom to pursue many positive ventures or paths in our life- but without being controlled by the WT society.

I think this is ONE of the main things I am happy about now after being out 6 years. What are things you folks value in your lives now that you are free of the WT society and Jehovah's Witness control in your life ? As always I look forward to your takes and views ! Hope you all are well, and a big Peace out to you all ! Mr. Flipper

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I got my voting paper today!!!! I think for myself and love who I am. I don't judge others and love other people!!!

• dgp
    dgp

Marked, because it's interesting.

• man in black
    man in black

Great thread Mr. Flipper !

The one thing I value more than ever now is having time to actually do things,,,, and not feel angry or guilty because I'm not in service

or studying.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Knowing that I don't have all of the answers and that it's okay.

• flipper
    flipper

FOUND SHEEP- That is great you are going to vote ! Tremendous. Now we can have a voice out of the witnesses. I have found since exiting the witnesses I'm less judgmental as well. That's really good you are also.

DGP- Come back later and tell us what YOU value in your life now .

MAN IN BLACK- I agree. Having MORE time to do things is an awesome feeling . I really enjoy sleeping in on Saturday & Sundays not going out in service . Especially after working so hard on my night schedule during the week.

JAMIEBOWERS- I feel the same as you- I don't feel the need to have every answer to the universe. Just try to help people who need help after exiting the Witnesses

• dissed
    dissed

For me, its the family.

We were never really allowed to get know each other well.

I've had very valued discussions with family about all aspects of life, with no holds barred, no fear of saying something wrong and not being counseled for going offbased. Getting to know each of them more intimately is something I'm really treasuring.

And to be a little more clearer.

In the past, as a JW, they would hold back in fear of getting in trouble. If they went off track, I would have felt its my job to bring them back onto WT line. With that, how could anyone have any freedom of discussion and not being judged? They couldn't. We still somehow managed to have fun inspite of the WT stuff, but now we really are having fun mixed with some serious soul searching discussions.

Its all about control for the GB and that's why they hate and despise any JW that finally finds true freedom. They have to isolate freedom lovers or they won't have an organization to lead.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I joined the JW's under complicated circumstances, but I thought I needed God to give value to me because I didn't feel that value from anywhere else.

I give value to myself now. It also gives me peace.

I also thought I needed to know "the truth." While I will enjoy looking at what others say about that, I value not needing to know.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I value first and foremost my freedom of thought and deed. Then, I value my family. If it was the other way around, they would have control over me. This way, I can be a better person for them.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Your question was what we value since leaving. I always valued my family, in or out, so that doesn't count. I think I value the ability I have developed to live TODAY and not with my eye constantly on some future catastrophic event. I cherish this time...this now...and try to live more in the present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit