What Do You Value in your Life Now that you Exited the Witnesses ?

by flipper 61 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Loz.

Sylvia

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you Sylvia ...its only taken me 5 years from being 'out' to come and join these forums! x

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The right to dress as a gladiator and walk down the road shouting 'hail Caesar' without people thinking I am strange.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I can read people,for the most part,and actually have people in my life that I trust 100%.Never had that when I was a JW.they are always trying ti get closer to god by stepping on or ratting on oneanother.Im not saying that this dosent happen in the real world,but really,not as much.Maybecause you can really decide for yourself if a person is real or just a real poser..All in all,I delight in every second that I am free of that wretched cult.I only wish that my mum were not still in it...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Good topic,Flipper!

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

My family

• flipper
    flipper

Had to work all night last night. Refreshed from a good nap ! Thanks for the responses.

SCARRED FOR LIFE- Family and freedom of thought. Exactly. That is very important to me as well ! I'm so happy for you that you and your family have enjoyed REAL family activities which bring you closer - than attending mind numbing " cult indoctrination " meetings. How did we EVER sit through those crazy meetings and stay sane ? I think we were all going crazy- slowly.

HEARTOFABOY- I agree with you. It is so empowering to realize we can have our own opinions without feeling " guilt " they aren't sanctioned by the WT society. Truth be known- our opinions are much more valuable and useful than ANY opinions the WT society ever had.

AUSSIE OZ- Isn't the " authentic us " great ! ? I know I truly appreciate this authentic life as well. Being able to re-discover parts of our life and personality which was stolen away from us is a beautiful thing my friend.

LOZHASLEFT- Welcome to the board friend ! That is great you have unconditional love and a great husband in your life ! I'm happy for you. I too appreciate not being harassed by nosy , intrusive elders who go chasing around the countryside after us. The way they chased me down- you would have thought I was on America's most wanted FBI list ! LOL ! Good to be free of that !

THE GLADIATOR- Hey- I think it's cool you want to dress up as Caeser ! LOL ! You'd be a smash hit at Halloween !

AQUAGIRL- Thanks Aquagirl. I'm so glad you have been able to develop relationships where you can trust 100 % . That is something I too did not have in the JW cult. I too couldn't stand people ratting each other out in the witnesses. It was really intrusive into people's personal lives. Gossip ran amok. I also have much more trusting relationships now. Good for you !

LATINXJW- I'm glad you have a great family to value ! Good for you

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up on Memorial night. I especially value not going to the Memorial any more. It was always so crowded , nobody knew if we were there or not ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• etna
    etna

Great thread as always flipper. I think (its probably been said) its the freedom to be myself and express myself without the fear of being judged and realizing that there are people out there that are real christian's (as Jesus said), by doing good to others. I only want to have friends that are like me and do not hold out conditions for being loved. I have un-conditional love for my children, I might not agree with everything they do, but I will love them just the same. I'm sure thats what our heavenly father would be like, as we are made in his image. I'm rambling on, SORRY., I've had a bad day.

Etna

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

My FREEDOM!!!!!

L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit