Is Rock music satanic?

by Weeping 56 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But I feel it was done away with as acceptable.

Where? Show me in the bible where it says that all music should be banned. Yeah you "feel" it but that doesn't make it true or right. Geez you sound like one of the Taliban.

When the Taliban took control of Kabul in 1996 a number of edicts were published against music. For example:

"To prevent music... In shops, hotels, vehicles and rickshaws cassettes and music are prohibited... If any music cassette found in a shop, the shopkeeper should be imprisoned and the shop locked. If five people guarantee, the shop should be opened, the criminal released later. If cassette found in the vehicle, the vehicle and the driver will be imprisoned. If five people guarantee, the vehicle will be released and the criminal released later.

To prevent music and dances in wedding parties. In the case of violation the head of the family will be arrested and punished.

To prevent the playing of music drum. The prohibition of this should be announced. If anybody does this then the religious elders can decide about it."

All musical instruments are banned, and when discovered by agents of the Office for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice are destroyed, sometimes being burnt in public along with confiscated audio and video cassettes, TV sets and VCRs (all visual representation of animate being is also prohibited).

The only forms of musical expression permitted today are the singing of certain kinds of religious poetry, and so-called Taliban "chants", which are panegyrics to Taliban principles and commemorations of those who have died of the field of battle. These chants are themselves highly musical: the singing uses the melodic modes of Pashtun regional music, is nicely in tune, strongly rhythmic, and many items have the two-part song structure that is typical of the region. There is also heavy use of reverberation. But without musical instruments this is not "music".

The effects of censorship of music in Afghanistan are deep and wide ranging for the Afghans, both inside and outside the country. In the past, the people of Afghanistan were great music lovers and enjoyed a rich musical life. Music was an integral part of many rites of passage, such as celebrations of birth, circumcision (male only), and most important of all, marriage. Only death was a rite of passage lacking in musical expression. The lives of professional musicians have been completely disrupted, and most have had to go into exile for their economic survival. The continuation of these rich musical traditions is also under treat.

http://www.rawa.org/music.htm

• Twitch
    Twitch

ABBA was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

Lord, Joseph, Mary mother of Jesus NO!!

Is nothing sacred anymore?

The end is truly near. Where's my sackcloth again?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Being a rock/heavy metal fan for most of my life, I can say that no, even bands that put out 'satanic' looking artwork or themes are NOT really satanic. Example that comes to mind is Tom Araya from Slayer who puts out albums like these:

but is in fact a devout catholic. It's for show and to satisfy the masses that are into horror and gore and just morbid stuff, but it's no different than whatching a horror movie. It's fiction.

Now, there are bands, hailing specially from Norway, who are messed up and actually ARE Satanist of sorts, but it's a fringe section that is not popular or commercial in anyway. Oh yeah, and the band Chicago is Satanic too! I saw it on the movie 'Little Nicky'

For more info, please watch 'Metal: A headbanger's journey':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhTGr3bVko

• nelly136
    nelly136

YOU HYPNOTIZE PEOPLE... And when you get people at their weakest point you can preach into the subconscious what we want to say.

sounds like most of the meetings i went to as a kid. i spent most of them in an altered state.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Slayer

You forgot Ministry. Jesus Built My Hotrod

• undercover
    undercover

Oh man...I shoulda added Ministry to the "best of live concerts" thread. I was blown away by these guys on their tour right after Psalm 69 came out.

soon i discovered that this rock thing was true
    jerry lee lewis was the devil
    jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
    all of a sudden, i found myself in love with the world
    so there was only one thing that i could do
    was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

• Life is now
    Life is now

THERE IS NO SOURCE OF EVIL

You and they are picking up intuitively on the feelings and thoughts of others just as animals do when they pick up on our fear of them.

Even the bible shows that there is only a source of love that holds the power. We all have that power within us to draw on.

We feel a loss of power when we block the source of love and give way to fear and that can cause negativity leading to evil. People do evil things to others to try to regain that power. Their chief weapon is FEAR.

YOU ARE PERPETUATING THAT FEAR by focusing on it.

ROCK MUSIC DOES NOT COME FROM A PERSON CALLED SATAN. Some rock music contains fictitious satanic elements. The only power it can have over you is the power you give it.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[TheTrueOne...] "No way, Satan only conducts his music in heaven not on earth. Didn't he conduct the Philadelphia Philharmonic at one time though...?"

Uhm, no, I think that was the "Lawrence Welk" show that he was in charge of.... Zid

• Twitch
    Twitch

Life is Now

Well said and welcome

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

The first concert I attended was King Diamond--a (then) card-carrying member of the original Laveyan Church of Satan (though I didn't see said card). He was one of the few artists actually mentioned by name in Lavey's works as being a true COS-style Satanist. I have much respect for the philosophical and existential views of Lavey, though I don't know that all the ceremony, pseudo-mysticalism, and ritual is really necessary to make it all work.

Anywho, so far as I know, I didn't become possessed or anything as a result of the conert, and in fact (waking up with blood smeared on my hands from time to time excepted), everything's been pretty much the same since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit