Is Rock music satanic?

by Weeping 56 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Weeping must have indulged into some strong drugs at one time and another

and has come to the conclusion that Satan is alive and well working his evil upon humanity.

We should be encouraging him and give reassurance that its safe here at JWN,

there has been no Satanic experiences here on this forum so far.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[TheTrueOne wrote...] "If you want to label these unusual and abnormal psychological experiences Satanic,..."

If the experience was FUN , it was "Satanic"; if it was booooring, muddled, or grandiose, then it must be from " GAWD "!!!!

• Weeping
    Weeping

We should be encouraging him and give reassurance that its safe here at JWN

Im a Woman, BTW. I did try drugs as a young woman. I did alot that I regret. I smoked marijuana, attended a rock concert, was promiscuous. Finally, I sunk to the point of becoming friends with satan worshipers.

• dinah
    dinah

Every time I crank up the Stones, I get the urge to kill small animals and run nekkid on the lawn.

You don't even wanna know what happens when I play Marvin Gaye.

• hatchetmom
    hatchetmom

If music is satanic and can make people who listen to it do things w would all love each other cuz theres more songs about love than anything else.......

• flipper
    flipper

Nah ! Rock music isn't Satanic . I hear Ted Jaracz listens to it all the time. Actually closer to the truth is the new kingdom songs probably have some pagan origin if you really researched it. Damn heathens anyway

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhhh, anyone else noticed that "Weeping's" experiences sound a lot like Renaiaa's????

Zid

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Im a Woman, BTW. I did try drugs as a young woman. I did alot that I regret. I smoked marijuana, attended a rock concert, was promiscuous. Finally, I sunk to the point of becoming friends with satan worshipers.

That's you Weeping, I've never done none of that mess (well I was rather promiscuous but I grew out of that - I call that growing up). And I love rock and roll. Worship Satan? Who dat?

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

"I sunk to the point of becoming friends with satan worshipers"....... I'm wondering if your definition of "satan worshipers" is just the average joe that doesn't have much of an interest in "god" or if they actually were proactive in worshipping satan.....because unless they were active LITERAL satanists, that's a pretty harsh statement to make about people.

As a singer/songwriter/musician myself, I have experienced the "flow" of writing that sometimes just comes out of nowhere. I don't think I've ever written a song that took more than a couple hours start to finish, which, if you've ever tried writing a song, is a pretty good time frame. During those time periods I was neither high nor drunk. I was completely focused on the task at hand and couldn't be bothered with interruptions or anythingn else going on around me. And while I would metaphorically agree with something inside me moving me to write these songs, I wholeheartedly disagree with it being related to satan or a demon. It is a very ethereal feeling, yes....but satanic? That's a bit over the top and extremist.

Granted, most of the musicians quoted were either whack jobs, druggies or just plain weirdos....so I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility.

But music comes from within the soul of HUMANS. To attribute a specific genre with solely satanic origins is biased, narrow-minded and just plain ignorant. Granted, an individual may have to pick and choose what to listen to depending on their own level of comfort....but again, you cannot just claim an entire genre of music is satanic because of a few crack heads.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just came back from a greeeeeat rock concert tonight (Metric)....we had a touching, lovely singalong at the end...Anyway, one of their songs I love is "Sick Muse" they played tonight, and I thought I'll post some of the lyrics for our Satan-obsessed friend to salivate over:

You better watch out Cupid
    Stuck me with a sickness
    Pull your little arrows out
    Let me live my life
    The one I'd better lead
    All the blondes are fantasies

And we looked at them eleven ways
    You said, "Look at me". And looked away
    And you wrote the song I wanna play
    I'll write you harmony in C

Everybody just wanna fall in love
    Everybody just wanna play the lead