Is Rock music satanic?

by Weeping 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I love Satanic Music!

• Weeping
    Weeping

I find it interesting that while God tolerated music making with mechanical instruments in the old testament, In the New Testament, it's conpicuous by it's absense. I remember one brother saying "I don't mind a piano or organ at all. As long as it sits in the basment and isn't used!". Music was allowed along with a few other customs (polygamy etc). But I feel it was done away with as acceptable. Music with a heavy beat primarily originated in pagan tribal worship. The beat whipped the tribe into a frenzy where they would become trancelike and engage in sex perversions and sacrifice.

Ana_dote himself just stated when he was writinghe couldn't be bothered with any distraction or anything else and the music came out of nowhere. That's very self centered. Ignoring everything else on obsessive music making. Do you think Satan is gonna appear and actually tell you what to write? Of course not. But he can influence your mind. Many of the musicians quoted above have completely surrendered to this and are actually willing to be a vessel for Satan.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

But he can influence your mind. Many of the musicians quoted above have completely surrendered to this and are actually willing to be a vessel for Satan.

No way, Satan only conducts his music in heaven not on earth.

Didn't he conduct the Philadelphia Philharmonic at one time though ?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Nock Cave is Satan,and I do whatever I think he wants me to do.The other Satan?Nah,same league as the easter bunny,jehovah and bigfoot.The sky isnt falling,dont be skeeeered!!!!!!!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I did try drugs as a young woman.

I'm doing caffeine and nicotine right now. I've never done anything harder than Scotch (without a prescription, that is). I've seen Metallica 3 times, Sabbath twice, Nick Cave, Steve Miller band, Clutch twice, Chevelle, NIN, Rob Zombie, AC/DC....I don't really worship Satan, though...

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Ana_dote himself just stated when he was writinghe couldn't be bothered with any distraction or anything else and the music came out of nowhere. That's very self centered.

That's called being in the zone. It happens you are completely focused on the task at hand. It happens to programmers, runners, musicians, to people playing golf, writing a story, putting together a spreadsheet, when people are having sex. It has nothing in particular to do with music except that is a form of art that almost everyone enjoys.

I find it interesting that while God tolerated music making with mechanical instruments in the old testament

Uh, how do you get that in the biblical stories it was "tolerated"? In fact, polygamy wasn't outlawed in the NT. Music wasn't commented on one way or another.

Many of the musicians quoted above have completely surrendered to this and are actually willing to be a vessel for Satan.

So anytime you are "in the zone" (and remember that a lot of those musicians were using LOTS of drugs at the time) you are a vessel for satan? Uh oh, that 5K I ran last week was for Satan and his damn breast cancer cure events! Watch out, that spreadsheet I made for datacenter usage trend analysis over the past year was for Satan!

All very silly.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The beat whipped the tribe into a frenzy where they would become trancelike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwK-ZhTurg

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Nick Cave,not Nock Cave.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

"We call it 'Electric Church Music' because to us music is a religion."

"When I was a little boy, I believed that if you put a tooth under your pillow, a fairy would come in the night and take away the tooth and leave a dime. Now, I believed in myself more than anything. And, I suppose in a way, that's also believing in God. If there is a God and He made you, then if you believe in yourself, you're also believing in Him. So I think everybody should believe in himself. That doesn't mean you've got to believe in heaven and hell and all that stuff. But it does mean that what you are and what you do is your religion. I can't express myself in easy conversation—the words just don't come out right. But when I get up on stage—well, that's my whole life. That's my religion. My music is electric church music, if by 'church' you mean 'religion', I am electric religion."

— Jimi Hendrix

• undercover
    undercover
    Is Rock music satanic?

A couple of weeks ago I would have scoffed at such a delusional idea. The Prince of Darkness actually had something to do with all the great music of the last 60 years that has been so influential in human history...from hippy dancing to feeling groovy to protesting wars and promoting peace and love and civil rights... yea, right...

But then something happened that caused me to take a new look at this thing called Rock N Roll...

It's so diabolical...so evil in its design that only Satan himself could have arranged this to happen...

ABBA was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit