how long in truth,,,what was the final "straw"

by peaches 51 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I was in for 58 bloody years, and for me the final straw was realising that the governing Body were putting themselves in the place of Jesus Christ, in everything. Jesus had no place, it was all them.

Looking back of course I realise that this was just the final straw, every other straw, from 1914/1919 and silly explanations that a bible prophecy was fulfilled at some fart-arse assembly at Cedar Bloody Point Friggin Ohio,etc etc, was adding to a burden that I could no longer carry.

I could just no longer believe all their total nonsense.

But it does seem that we all need some trigger, some final straw that makes us actually take the plunge and swim away from the Borg.

If we could identify what that is for each of our loved ones still in, and use it, and it would be different for each person, but if we could exploit whatever it was,, we could get them out too, Oh what a blessed day that would be !

Love

Wobble

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I started a fade in 2006, so I have been "in the truth" for less than four years. I WAS a Jehovah's Witness for close to 20 years.

While I have posted my final straws before, the very last one that convinced me to get motivated to leave was when I was still an elder and attended a District Convention. There was a guy up there on the platform from the Governing Body. I had never heard of him. I was spouting their teachings in the Kingdom Hall and I didn't even know their names. I resigned that summer ('06) and started fading fast until the spring of '07 when I was done.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It was when I realized in their dealings with me and my kids that not only were they not following the rules in the Bible, but they also weren't following the WTS rules in how to help those in the congregation. When I realized that they were taking the existing rules and making them more strict and burdonsome, I quit cold turkey. It was easy to quit the second I identified them as the Pharisees Jesus talked about. They fit the description to a T.

• geevee
    geevee

Hi All,

My wife and I were "raised" in the borg. We got out [by means of fading] 5 years ago! [That deserves a cellebration!!] The pedophile issue ripped our blinders off, but it took a few years and some very good books to give us enough information to be strong enough to stop attending.

I had been an elder for 11 years, and thought I understood it all! How dumb can you be? We are so glad to be out of it. What a way NOT to live your life. Our families are wasting their lives away for something that is not ever going to happen.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Born in and floated out and then back in over a 30 plus year period.

I stopped going to meetings due to the hypocrisy and double standards.

Stopped believing completely when my sister told me what the org really was.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the last straw was one elder that TRIED and is still TRYING to df'ed me!!!! i don't see the LOVE!!! they are SICK

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

oops baptized at 12 and last time I will ever be in the KH at 34

• peaches
    peaches

thank you all so very much!!! people that have never been through this simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND....it is like a horror movie come true...god won't test you beyond what you can bare,,,,yet,,,witnesses commit suicide quite often....we had a yound man that hung himself from a tree in a nearby woods....in his 20's....never told a soul what was wrong or happening with him....elders called on everyone and re assured them that he was just "mentally sick" and nobody could have helped it...but ususally depressed people make a cry for help....it was awful....

ok,,,,i am having one of "those" days and still in a mood....i was at a circuit assembly....i come from an area with lot of small towns,,,and not real big kingdom halls....so you got to know alot of people....anyway,,,,,this family was sitting kind of up front.....and of course they sat in the same area the next day,,,,they had a few kids,,,,about 12 years old and under....

the 12 year old (girl) wasn't listening to the convention but decided to write "love letter" to this cute boy she met at the assembly....don't know if she threw the letter away or dropped it,,,but one of the "clean up crew" found and read it....oh god,,,they turned it over to the circuit C.O. who decided it was unspiritual.....they TRACKED DOWN who wrote it and disciplined her....and because it was so "public" it was talked about on the local needs segement.....it was my best friends daughter--the one i wrote about above....it was in our congregation....my god,,,,,how sad is that...i have deep sorrow for the young people in the org.....thanks again for listening....

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that is so so so sad let kids be kids

• man in black
    man in black

great comments ,,, all of them.

My reason was the false love shown by so called "friends" when I really could have used their help and attention.

. I had known many of them for thirty years.

what a waste of time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit