how long in truth,,,what was the final "straw"

by peaches 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

It's been said before, but I'll second it--what a great thread! For me, I was raised in, bap at 15, reg pio through my 20's, married a sweet, spiritual Bethel boy, everything great but like sd-7 said, I'd get these whispers, often while I was reading a script at the door. A little voice inside me would be saying, "You know, I don't think this is what this scrip means..." or I'd read something in the mags about womanly submission and cringe. But I was able to silence the doubts UNTIL--

I started reading some of the source material listed in the Creation book's bibliography and realized that most of the quotes were taken badly out of context. The blatant dishonesty stopped me in my tracks; it was like Neo waking up in the liquid-filled pod with tubes coming out of him, gasping for air (Matrix, in case you're wondering). After that, I started researching for real, for serious. And the whole house of cards came tumbling down. The UN thing was a biggie, too, because I didn't learn about it from an "apostate" site () but from the UN website itself.

So what now? I'm fading and inactive. I go to a few meetings for the sake of that sweet, spiritual Bethel boy I married, whom I still love passionately. He knows how and why I feel as I do and he's accepted it, but won't be persuaded that it's still not "the Truth." We have peace, at least for now.

• peaches
    peaches

oh my god,,,,you just read what everyone has been put through.....here is for all of you (((((((((((((( great big hugs with lots and lots of love )))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit