Free signs for Memorial night protesters!

by koolaid-man 40 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I applaud the efforts of anyone willing to stand up to the WT Scociety.

This particular technique may not be for everyone, but anyone willing to do it has my respect.

On the other hand I have no respect for anyone who goes door to door selling WT and Awakes.

Peace to all,

The Oracle

• asilentone
    asilentone

koolaid, you have too many messages when you are protesting, do you think they will have the time to read all of them? Keep it simple, man!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What do you mean by disgusting? And almost everyone here has a fictitious name and avatar (mine isn't cartoony or phony) for whatever reason each individual has...even you Koolaid. Geez are you being a crybaby bully or what?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wont be protesting I'll be partaking!

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Granted most loyal Witnesses will totally ignore the signs, but their relatives, friends, return visits, Bible studies, and those having doubts will be inquisitive and will ask the Witnesses questions.

Koolaid-man This is the way I view it. I dont actually care how offended the JWs feel about us trying to expose them. They are not in a position to see the harm of their religion, or to see the 'good' we are trying to do. Its only when you come out that you realize that the 'horrible apostates' are actually there to genuinely save and rescue you. Others though....not fully indoctrinated, can perhaps read and reason , and of course are still able to think and question without any repercussions. If a JW does respond, then brilliant....that is the ultimate result!

Protesting need never be agressive or confrontational. Jesus was up for exposing falseness.........nothing more needs to be said.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Rick, I agree that the organisation needs to be exposed and I think your tactics may work with some, particularly with interested persons. But the die-hards like some of my family will not take any notice, they will see it as persecution and it will strengthen their resolve to keep away from apostate material.

I am not critical of your work, I found your Youtube videos were really helpful to me when I was doubting, but I wouldn't use the method of picketing KH's and assemblies. I am not a coward but that is not my style, when I was still in I used to think the picketers were just plain nuts.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This forum used to be a discussion board but comments like the above have the potential to turn this into a disgusting board.

Absolutely!

The thing to remember is that's all this place is. If this was a place to get active against the borg, then I'd never post here because pretty much 90 percent of the people in the organization stay there because they have nothing else.

I always looked at those buffoons at the dc's and though "what a bunch of idiots". It turned me off so much, and made me think of how I was really persecuted. It's really sad to think about now, but it's true.

The nice thing about being out of the organization is to do what you think is right. If protesting makes you happy, and it makes a difference in your mind, then please do it. Calling us cowards because we don't, well, that's a little over the top but then I've done way worse here. And I'm not proud of it either.

Take care, and please do kiss the monkey if you get a chance. (I'm just kidding now - have a sense of humour!)

• JeffT
    JeffT

What result are you trying to produce?

I think bringing attention to the problems of the WTBS is a worthy goal. I'm not sure these kinds of things accomplish that purpose. If you are tying to bring attention to yourself, with no effect on Jehovah's Witnesses, you probably have it made.

PS, my screen name is JeffT because it wouldn't let me register using my real name, Jeff Thomas, which is what I use everywhere else on the net. I live in Mill Creek, WA.

Who are you?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Post 130 of 131
    Since 4/29/2009

It is so disappointing to see so many fearful, coward former Witnesses lacking courage on this discussion board. You hide behind fictitious names and cartoon like phony avatars and are still being controlled by the Watchtower org. What are you afraid of ? Stop being cowards. Come out from hiding in cyberspace and show real courage. Stand up, let people know who you are. You know the harm the Watchtower org. has caused in peoples lives. Stand tall and protest. It's been said, "a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything". anon The Watchtower org. would be out of business tomorrow if all their critics stood up and spoke out and let the org. know where you personally stand. Abraham Lincoln said "to sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men".

Koolaidman..

Thats one of the Sadder Posts I`ve seen today..

LOL!!..

Do you think parading in front of a Kingdom Hall with a sign is going to make a difference?..

I saw people do that when I was a Kid..We thought they looked like Clowns..We laughed at them..

Others were terrified..Satan was out to get them..Run..Hide!!..

LOL!!..

Those are your choices..You`ll either be laughed at..

Or..

Your going to scare the Shit out of a few Dim Wits..

NOW LETS DEAL WITH YOUR BULLYING ON JWN....

Calling people Cowards because they don`t like your Tactics,is Childish..

Some don`t want to embarass their family..

Some don`t want to embarrass themselves,parading around with an Idiot Sign..

Some can`t be bothered to waste thier time,when they can spend it doing something usefull..

This board is usefull..It reaches thousands who want to read it ..

Your shoving your message down peoples throats..Your no better than the WBT$..

Your not going to topple a Multi-Billion Dollar organiztion(WBT$) in your lifetime..

Your certainly not going to do it with signs in front of a Kingdom Hall.

LOL!!..

If thats what you want to do fine.

But..

Don`t insult people,who don`t want any part of it..

The same people who may back you up on another project..

Don`t shoot yourself in the ass,because you did`nt get what you want "this" time..

..................................... ...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

I guess if I saw protesters in front of a church, Catholic, Scientologists, FLDS, Mormons, others, I wouldn't blame them, nor think any the less of the protesters. As long as they are peaceful and with a required permit. It's their form of a statement. It is an active American way or show of opinion.

Again, though, I hope that we can respect each one to protest each our own way and see the value.

p.s. my way, if I had the money to blow, I'd have a big "neon" sign at assemblies/KHs that rolls messages like: JW blood contradictions, JW damaging 2-witness rule, JW children alert, JWs destroys families, JW destructive shunning, JWs discourage college, freeminds.org, jwfacts.com, etc, etc, (with balloons around it) :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit