Free signs for Memorial night protesters!

by koolaid-man 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The problem with protesting JWs is that IT FULFILLS THEIR EXPECTATIONS AND REINFORCES THEIR ERRONEOUS BELIEFS AND PERSECUTION COMPLEX. It does NOT help them in ANY way to get out of the borg. It keeps them in.

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think Outlaw is against all KH protest signs- it just has to have the right wording on it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Kool-aid mad,

Were you ever a dubber? I'm not going to freak out on you or anything. The monkey is nice today...

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think the memorial protests are really for the benefit of JW's , but for opening the eyes of the JW's studies and their friends. - they might check out the websites mentioned on the protest signs and they will probably ask questions, too.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Shamus, Koolaid Man was MS before he got the boot.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don't think Outlaw is against all KH protest signs- it just has to have the right wording on it.

Moshe....

I LOVE IT!!!!..LOL!!!!!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

I was just wondering if it was just his spouse / whatever who was involved. Most know that JW's value the persecution complex more than anything....

Carry on.

• NutFlush
    NutFlush

KoolAidMan, I'm a former JW who, years later, has seen many of the x-JW vids on YouTube. When I viewed some of yours, I remember being impressed by your zeal and it was quite obvious just how much exposing the Witnesses means to you. On the other hand, the signs and the superlengthy URL struck me as tacky. Hearing the elderly lady go on in one of the videos about how sad she was that those Witnesses inside weren't drinking Christ's blood (or something to that effect; it's been a few months since I watched it) further took away from the protest's credibility in my mind. Like the others have said, it's a free country, do your thing. But I believe that in terms of making Witnesses think critically about their beliefs and leave the WTBS, your actions will either have a neutral or negative effect.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Why don't you go to a movie instead.

Judge Dread

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

When I was a JW, if there were any protesters outside the Assembly or Kingdom Hall we would just look away. As others have said, protesting in this manner is counter-productive because it only reinforces the stereotype of angry and disruptive apostates.

Kool-aid Man (aka J. Mason Emerson?) is entitled to do whatever he wants to do legally, but to call those who don’t agree with him “cowards” is very childish and not Christian.

How do I protest against the WTS? By living a good life and being an example to the JWs who know me, to show that leaving the WTS doesn’t make you a rabid, venom-spewing angry apostate who lives an unhappy and immoral life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit