Why do you come here?

by paul from cleveland 69 Replies latest jw friends

• its_me!
    its_me!

I came here because a friend showed it to me, and I was anxious to see what the Org. was so afraid of us seeing. If the JW religion is the truth, it should be able to stand up to a little scrutiny. After seeing this site, I guess it can't. I suppose I understand why they are so afraid.

I STAY here because I like it. I like the people that I have encountered here. I like fresh views, I like the support, and the intelligent (and silly sometimes!) conversation, I love so many of the people's sense of humor here! It is so comforting to see that so many of you lead happy, fulfilled lives without being a part of the JW religion. I love this site!

• snowbird
    snowbird

and Beks!

ROFL.

So sorry.

Sylvia

• shamus100
    shamus100

You tell me why you come here and I'll tell you why I come here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((it's_me)))))))

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks

Welll ok.........sniff

• pirata
    pirata

After the Society sent out the Kingdom Ministry reminder about not doing independent reasearch, I thought "what are they trying to hide?". If we really have the truth it can stand up to scrutiny and debate. I then decided I wanted to know both sides of each issue that I "believed" to either affirm or disprove those beliefs. Googling a few different subjects that I felt unsure about in my convictions led me to this site.

After I while I discovered that the people that the WTS labels as "apostates" did not match the description at all. I have seen many kind, sincere, logical, intelligent, truth-seeking, conscientious people, who display these qualitied for no purpose other than we are all fellow human beings doing our best to make our way in this world.

It is a breath of fresh air to be able to openly discuss issues without fear of being labelled a doubter or proud for using our reasoning abilities and examining the scriptures to see if what we are taught is really bible-based.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I have a feeling you've got a little silly in you too

• its_me!
    its_me!

(((((Sylvia))))) I am so happy to be here!

• its_me!
    its_me!

Beksbks----- I have plenty of silly to go around!!!!!!! I love silly. Silly must be one of my favorite things in the whole wide world!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And the Apostofests are awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit