Why do you come here?

by paul from cleveland 69 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Because sometimes, despite my faith that JW isn't THE truth, the world does sometimes get me down. Sometimes, because of that, I start to doubt that I made the right decision in not getting baptized as a JW. Maybe they were right, even if I strongly disagreed with some of the doctrines... that could have been my own failing.

This doubt wasn't strong enough for me to call the JW's and ask to start again, mind you, but enough for me to keep an eye on all things WT related.

But I don't doubt anymore, not after hearing all your views... all the things I would never have learned until after I joined.

I'm staying because I like the different outlooks on life. I like that so many people here are on a spiritual journey, and I like having somewhere that I can speak about my faith without anger being thrown back at me, which is often the case in my life. Disagreements and debate, I accept... even enjoy, because they keep me thinking.

And if I can learn something that will help the next JW who comes knocking at my door, great. If I can offer a perspective from someone outside the WT org, also great.

Either way, I'm enjoying myself immensely on this site!

Tammy

• Twitch
    Twitch

Lest I forget

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

One reason I come is because I'm not judged for how I look but for what's in my mind.

• cry
    cry

I come here because my life over the last 30 odd years has turned to out be a waste of my life (apart from my kids). My husbands behaviour has absolutely baffled all my friends and family.........but people here understand that he is a very damaged person, and understand why. I try to explain this to people, but they have no real understanding of what I mean. In moments of despair, I am able to get my life into context and not feel alone. Aside from that, I love all the information & research and discussion.

• tec
    tec

One reason I come is because I'm not judged for how I look but for what's in my mind. - Paul from cleveland

I thought about that recently too! Totally agree.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I came out of rebellious curiosity and a nagging sense that things were not right in the Org. I kept coming back for information, and to see about you filthy apostates. I got my information but you apostates kept me coming back.

I love you apostates.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I hate the cruel judgmental attitude of the witness religion, soooooooooo I love it here when I see people supporting and helping each other in a caring non-judgemental way.

y

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Because your all so smart and gracious. You guys are the "Sheriff Bart" to my "Mongo".

Actually, I just love all of you asses.

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

After being indoctrinated by the borg and having doubt about a lot that is taught I took to study to try to understand what was being taught. I finally gave it up and walked because all that study confirmed my doubt about the so called truth. When I discovered this place and read so many posts the echoed my thoughts I was hooked. There is every sort here, scholar to athiest, believers and haters, the thing that makes this place special is that there is open discussion and opinion without much damnation. Whilst I don't post often I do read it all with great interest.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Because it's always nice to lend an ear. Most ppl here are mature enough to carry on a polite conversation.

Not so good elsewhere , such as (CL-R&R). It's awful what people say on the Vancouver one when pond scum hide behind a firewall w/o a mod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit