Why do you come here?

by paul from cleveland 69 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Wow...we've got Bogey, Ian McShane and John R. Cash all posting on this thread.

...and that thing with the exposed brain... whatever that is...

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I come here because I was so afraid that the bOrg was right, in that I'd be miserable and alone if I left them. I found that it wasn't true, "wordly" people are caring, loving and generally kind without asking for something in return* and I KEEP coming back despite having a lot of good friends and people to enjoy in life, because I enjoy people here too. I can tell by the tone of certain posts who they are, without looking at their avatar (often I am here on my phone, so I read almost everything, but can only post when I'm at my laptop at home). I count people here as my friends, and that can be dangerous, because I'm not sure anyone here would miss me if I abruptly stopped posting.....but I come back anyway. I enjoy a good couple handful of people here, and wish there were some that would post more often. Heck, I've even learned who to skim!! lol

*When I was a younger person, in school, I would like certain classmates, and think "Well surely Jehovah will spare THIS little girl, there is nothing wicked about HER" But I never connected the dots that there were SO MANY wordly people I enjoyed MORE than the witnesses, I just figured I had a defect.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I count people here as my friends, and that can be dangerous, because I'm not sure anyone here would miss me if I abruptly stopped posting ...

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Heartbreaker?

Even though I get you confused with Heaven at times, I enjoy your posts.

Everybody is a contributor on here!

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks
    ...and that thing with the exposed brain... whatever that is...

Awwww thank you for acknowledging my obvious intelligence!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I love the caring insightful posts.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Sylvia!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I come here because after close to 4 years I feel comfortable with many on this board. I have talked and corresponded with a few. (Purps, Coco, Nathan Nates, Rebel 8, Snakes in the Tower, Flipper, etc. There are many more. I'm crazy about Sylvia, Burns, Outlaw,JD and Beks! ....there are many long time dear people here who were not mentioned. I know there is support when I need it, and I will always do the same if I am capable.

It's a good place to vent, listen, learn, educate and be educated. I find it covers a broad range of political opinions, religious beliefs, atheism, agnostics, and everyone in between.

I never fail to find something interesting to read or research.

Thanks to one and all for your contributions. I think this is a tighter knit community than most, despite it being on line.

r.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm crazy about Sylvia, Burns, Outlaw,JD ...

Back atcha!

Sylvia

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Titus

Don’t be afraid. I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.

I have to stay functional until my mission is complete.

The more contact I have with humans, the more I learn.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sylvia!! You cut me off!!

Thanks Restrangled! We love you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit