Do you desire eternal life?

by sacolton 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Why? An extended life perhaps. But eternity? To do what?

Would not eternal life expose as true the philosophies of Camus and Kierkegaard in regard the matter of 'absurdity'? While I agree that a longer life, and more resources to enjoy the planet might be positive, I cannot find much reason for that to continue to eternity. If we are talking about life in some unknown and unknowable spirit existence, then it becomes a question of WHY? If I never lived as a spirit, have no connection to spirit life, why would I somehow conclude it would be positive to be an eternal spirit?

Jeff

• JuliG
    JuliG

As a human being, in a body that has to sleep and go to the bathroom and all that, no. I agree our human life spans are too short, though. We spend too much time being too young or too old.

I would like to live in a glorified body as apparently Jesus did after his resurrection - one that is outside the physical limits of our human flesh, yet able to enjoy human pleasures. I think to live in eternity one would have to live outside of the constraints of time and physics as we know them today.

• snowbird
    snowbird

JuliG.

I wouldn't want to spend eternity under the influence of WT.

Never, no, never!

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

LOL..I thought you were talking to me Sylvia until I saw there's a new poster with my same name!

My answer is YES! This life I'm living now is the only Hell I'll ever know!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe in the possibility that the soul never dies but is reborn into a new life over and over again so it can keep learning new things. Different lives, different experiences.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Remember, God moves the "holy city" of God's abode from spiritual heaven to the "new Earth" after Jesus creates the new Earth (Revelation 21:1-2). Then, the Father and the Son move their one throne to the city on new Earth and live with the believing humans there forever (Revelation 22:1-2).

Whether you want to call it paradise earth or heaven, that is where we live, in the literal presence of the Father and the Son for all eternity. Somehow, I doubt it will be boring, though I have no idea what life will actually be like.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Yes I desire eternal life, as long as it doesnt get any worse than this one.

I always hope things will get better, and in some respects they have.

I think those that dont desire eternal life must be very miserable in this life.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So would it be like being on extasy all the time, or kinda high on pot all the time?

Or like being drunk?

WAHOOO! I'm living forever!! But you piss me off.... but we're still friends.... WAHOOOO!!!

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

It depends where I would be living.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmm.... When I learned that Earth's "lifespan" was finite...

When I learned that even GALAXIES die....

That's when I learned that there was no such thing as 'eternal' life...

But even if there was... Pretending I could live forever as a 'spirit'...

Imagine how sad it would be, to have outlived everything you ever knew...

No more Earth...

No more Milky Way Galaxy...

Eventually, no more Universe. A finite compression, and then another "Big Bang"???

Being there to see it all begin again might be really, really neat! But...

I don't know whether learning new things and being exposed to constant change - having to always shift one's frame of reference - would be sufficient rewards for losing so many things that I love - loved...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit