Do you desire eternal life?

by sacolton 39 Replies latest jw friends

• spawn
    spawn

No not forever that would be so boring, maybe living long enough to do all the things on the to-do list.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I would love to be a spirit and travel the universe. That would never get boring.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I love Quantum Physics.

Girl's got looks and brains!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Elsewhere, I enjoyed Quantum Leap, does that score me any points?

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I do, if we can be happy. Not the painful life we lead now.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Dear Paul From Cleavland, Revelation 21:4 states that after the 1st resurrection (of the saved), and after the 2nd resurrection (of the unbelievers), and after the final judgment, and after the new earth is created, and after the Father and the Son put their throne onto the new earth to live with humanity for eternity, THEN Jesus will wipe away every tear and there will be no pain, no curse, no suffering ever again. You win!

• yknot
    yknot

I am an 'eternal' optimist.....

I like the idea of living eternally if I am allowed an existance that include mobility, range and clarity of mind.

I don't mind pain and adversity as it is all I have ever known 'in this system of things'.

Ideally I would love to see humanity become a fair, gentle and kind too.

(Elsewhere...... I am shocked sometimes you are still single.... you really need to start using your carpentry, technical and science talk/ability to woo women)

• teel
    teel

Going offtopic here, but I feel like in a hair splitting mood.

Technically eternity doesn't guarantee that everything conceivable and unconceivable will happen. You might wait for one googol years, and still you won't have your purple unicorn, then the googols of years just pass away, and you're still walking, waiting for your coloured friend to arrive (a case similar to you-know-what). Just like you might toss a regular coin a thousand times, and it lands every time on head. Given eternity throws the equations off the charts, and for all intents and purposes the probability of any given event will be 100%, yet it's still a thought away from reaching 100%.

We don't have to wait for eternity to arrive to us to have fun with it, we have it at our hands. PI for example is an irrational number that goes on forever. Given its infinite length, you may conclude that PI has hidden in itself a song... or a poem... or the answer to life, the universe and everything (oh wait, I'm pretty sure PI contains 42). Good hunting

• awildflower
  • EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Not only do I desire it, I know that I have it:

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (1 John 5:12-14)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit