If you could dismantle the WBTS – Would You?

by Nephilim 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Do you think it’s morally wrong to have a desire to see the end of the JW organization?

If you had the ability would you put a stop to it?

What would happen to its members?

Where would they go?

What would they do now?

Would they still harvest resentment towards disfellowshipped people do you think?

How many people would off themselves when their paradise hope is lost?

Where would they go to find new hope?

What would be the aftermath of the end of the organization?

I want to know.

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

What happens when you copy and paste from Microsoft word?

Will people still be able to read my post without all that HTML code distracting them?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would dismantle the WBTS if I could.

But I think there is a bigger picture. The WBTS is a spiritual kindergarden to move on from.

• Terry
    Terry

Each time a member leaves they are dismantling the Watchtower religion.

If enough of us left there would be no religion to speak of.

Get busy people!

• Terry
    Terry

After you create your post click SUBMIT.

The post will appear WITH the code attached. (Because you cut and pasted it from another program).

Simply go back in and edit the code OUT.

Voila!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Re HTML: We’ll find out in a second. I think what you need to do is clear the formatting before you paste.

Do you think it’s morally wrong to have a desire to see the end of the JW organization?

No, although the methodology should be to convince individual JW’s to move on. I do not support things like disrupting meetings or memorial. I have picketed conventions in the past.

If you had the ability would you put a stop to it?

See above

What would happen to its members?

I think they would be sheep without a shepard

Where would they go?

A good number would find somebody else to tell them what to do all the time.

What would they do now?

Whatever those guys told them to do.

Would they still harvest resentment towards disfellowshipped people do you think?

Some will some won’t.

How many people would off themselves when their paradise hope is lost?

A good number might, or turn to drugs, alcohol, sex, crime or some other diversion

Where would they go to find new hope?

Anywhere or nowhere

What would be the aftermath of the end of the organization?

Frankly, I think it would be a mess. The R&F are used to having somebody tell them what to do in every single situation. Their lives are centered around JW related activities. They would be lost with out a guide, and ripe for some other group to pick them up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would dismantle it. If it would go away because the lawyers and accountants, the GB and a few "heavies" ran away with all the money, I would be willing to help them pack. I would be willing to not sign onto a class action lawsuit if they just went away. I would help organize the suicide watch for the members in shock. I would do my best to get the press involved so that former members don't start a replacement cult.

I think that with the help of the internet, particularly JWN and places like freeminds.org, we would prevent all but a few suicides. While every single life is precious, we are talking about the absolutely faithful die-hards that would need watching. And only the ones on high horses would actually go through with it when knocked off the horse. They would be the ones that wondered why the "heavies" didn't let them in on the secret. We would do our best to help them.

Maybe we could channel them into giant support groups and we could all do good in our neighborhoods every month.

Like us, many would shy away from organized religion. Others would become fundies and other stuff.

The end of the organization would also cause many people to question the organized religion they belong to. Reason and logic would become very important.

• minimus
    minimus

If the Society, the Organization, simply didn't exist, I'd be quite happy. If it continues for years to come, I won't lose too much sleep over it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would - just to free some of the good people misled by it.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would and I will on November 5th 2017

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit