If you could dismantle the WBTS – Would You?

by Nephilim 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am having more fun watching them dismantle themselves. It wonderful to see the majority of their children are leaving and cash slowing down and needing to sell their fine properties, closing down foreign Bethels, downsizing and getting rid of their most loyal Bethel workers. Reading in their literature their struggle to make changes, though minimal, not enough, is a bit of a 'comic book' now. Their structure is weakening, we hardly have to "blow" on their structure as it shakes.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Do you think it’s morally wrong to have a desire to see the end of the JW organization?

Tough one, that depends on the reason for why you desire to see the end of the org. Do you think that people who are trying to take down islam or the catholic church are morally wrong?

If you had the ability would you put a stop to it?

I would like to see the end of all mind controlling cults, they are dangerous. However we are humans and have free will so no, but I would like people to be more aware, better informed and allowed to leave without persecution

What would happen to its members?

Many would find another group who are equally as controlling, others would go off the rails! Some would have normal lives. Who knows!

Where would they go?

see above question

What would they do now?

see question above the above question

Would they still harvest resentment towards disfellowshipped people do you think?

yes, but more resentment to those that had destroyed what they believed in. Seriously, if you want to create fanatics this is the best way!

How many people would off themselves when their paradise hope is lost?

More than you think, this "religion" consumes their entire life, directs them on every aspect of their life. Pull the rug out from under their feet and what do you think will happen. At the same time many would adapt and move on.

Where would they go to find new hope?

Everywhere.

What would be the aftermath of the end of the organization?

Not sure, depends on what lessons are learnt and by whom.

There is a chinese proverb that if you are going for revenge then you need to dig two graves. Not sure why but it sprang to mind as I read this thread

• dandingus
    dandingus
    I would engage and empower the members in a collaborative effort to make it an organization of joy and creativity.

Heaven, I like your style! That certainly would be a more positive solution. Rather than merely dismantling something, make it better. If only it were that easy though... To bad none of us actually have that kind of power.

• agonus
    agonus

You know, I was thinking about the "lost" folks who wouldn't know what to do if the WT was dismantled. Then it hit me: Not too long ago (back when I was still a "nice guy") I had very strong feelings that I might be of the "anointed". But I thought to myself, well if I really AM one of the "elect", then it must be my duty to help my brothers & sisters to reform this corrupt organization from within. Trust me, there are plenty of good-hearted "anointed" out there who love Jehovah but are secretly aching for reform. And they KNOW shunning as a form of institutionalized capital punishment just plain doesn't work. More and more are coming out of the woodwork all the time. When the WT finally crumbles, I would wager that a good deal of the "anointed" will let out a collective sigh of relief and say (at least to themselves), "Finally those tyrannical hypocrites got what's coming to them." The flock will look to them for direction. It may be chaos initially but better to have chaos with hope and light than chaos with darkness.

No worries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit