As You've Gotten Older Have You Changed Your Thoughts On Marriage?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

Yes, I was married once, had a daughter (now 16) ,divorced, and as a result ended up bankrupt. I resolved never to get married again, and I haven`t.

Regards

Paul Uk

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I had an old fashioned view of marriage that I should provide for my wife. That meant waiting for a long time for me to get a career together given I was a typical dub without qualifications. It was also a long time before I therefore popped the question and it was only after we were married did I find out that she'd hoped/expected/wanted me to ask for her hand on so many occasions. I screwed up on that one.

I/we tried very hard not to allow JW's to influence us - courting was tough, but we had the quiet, swish wedding we wanted - away from witlesses and the long honeymoon that meant no meetings. Now that was a holiday.

Would I do it again? Impossible to answer because I am the person today as a result of marriage. It would be the same girl, just different timing. Regrets? Not leaving the borg earlier so we could better enjoy the early years of our marriage.

MMXIV

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome back stillA.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yeah,I used to think I'd be married in my early 20s. Also I couldn't even have thought of marrying a worldly man, or having premarital sex. Yet here I am mid 30s, looking for a worldly man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit