Work Related: Am I correct for being angry?

by Elsewhere 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Even though my manager knows my JW history and how I'm being shunned, he still does not seem to appreciate what I'm capable of sacrificing in order to preserve my mental wellbeing.

Straight up tell him, then. "Boss, you know how I have lost so much. I will do XYZ and sacrifice everything in order to preserve my mental well-being. I know I am important at work and you know I need my time away from work. I am sure we can work out something better than my being figuratively at work 24/7."

Just my opinion: If you are not ready to tell him your answer, then you are not ready to sacrifice it all. If you are ready to sacrifice it all and still won't tell him, then you won't be happy there and want to leave.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Just my opinion: If you are not ready to tell him your answer, then you are not ready to sacrifice it all. If you are ready to sacrifice it all and still won't tell him, then you won't be happy there and want to leave.

Absolutely correct. I'm saving that as my trump card. Even though it would be fun and dramatic to bring that up early, it is better to leave it for last after I have exhausted all of my other, less extreme, options.

Just as a note: In my life I have quit three jobs due to excessive stress.

> Remember: Dilbert is a documentary!

Damn straight

• nugget
    nugget

It is unacceptable if you are available by cell then perhaps issue an email saying that you will not be in a position to use your lap tops outside office hours and if you are required then please can they call you on your cell phone. Copy your manager in and see if he makes an issue of it.

If he does keep a copy of all out of office hours emails and your responses and show them to him at your next review indicationg how intrusive they are and how much time it takes.

I was in a similar position except I was expected to go into my place of work to sort out issues some of which occured early in the morning (24hr site) When I decided to leave I got copies of the clocking in records and showed personnel that I had worked an extra week's worth of hours in a 2 month period for which I wasn't paid, not including travelling time. It also showed that I hadn't had a full weekend off in 3 months. If you have family it is not on. Keep a record of how much time you spend checking mail what isn't measured can't be quantified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit