With Heavy Heart

by PSacramento 76 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

PSac: I appreciate your POV. I often agree with your feelings and thoughts. You seem to have made gold out of often confusing and contradictory material, and I am often struck by your thoughtfulness and caring.

We need more heart-feeling people like you here and in the world.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi psacramento

I always read and value your posts. I haven't read the post or the thread where the offensive remarks happened, but want to encourage you to move on with your life and if this bad experience gives you the impetus to go then it is a good thing. I haven't been on my computer for a couple of days and I have managed to get so many things done. If you find, when you leave that your life becomes how you want it to be then it is a good thing you are moving on and all the best to you.

take care of yourself

ql

• sabastious
    sabastious
    A Christian Defending or Discussing thier faith..

Discussion is fine. Faith cannot be defended without entering into personal debate (tastebuds).

Example: "This is why I believe that Christ died for our sins."

is much different than

"Christ died for our sins and we must be forgiven, here's why and here's how to sign up"

I have read only a few of PS's but they seemed to lean toward the second exmaple. Which is why I call him an Apologist.

The way I see it is to be a Christian is to accept the Bible, and to accept the Bible is to defend the Bibles holes because they are many. Most Christians are Apologists, it is VERY hard to find someone who stands by their faith as absolute in their own heart.

• greenie
    greenie

Are there Athiest apologists then? Serious, not sarcastic question.

@PSac, I don't post that often anymore for my own reasons (life's got me busy, my situation hasn't changed, etc., etc.), and I definitely see more of the close-minded nature you mention, but I personally always REALLY appreciated your posts and your POV. I think you often shared new ways to think of things and explain things that often made me more hopeful in my struggle, so I definitely hope that instead of leaving forever, maybe you'll just visit less often. Also, on the close-minded thing, it's probably not the whole group changing, rather it might be a few who speak louder and more often than others that make the whole place seem less tolerant.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psac, You will be missed. We all move on when the time is right, maybe this is the time for you. Come and visit us, when the time is right for that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    "Christ died for our sins and we must be forgiven, here's why and here's how to sign up"
    I have read only a few of PS's but they seemed to lean toward the second exmaple. Which is why I call him an Apologist.

Really?

I sincerly hope that no one else viewed it as such, I have said many times that Christianity may not be everyone's path and have always siad that MY view of Christianity is such and such. I really hope that your view of my position is in the VAST MINORITY because if it is not then, indeed, my leaving should have happend far sooner.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psac - you have never come across as an apologist. You are a sincere man of faith. I applaud you for your beliefs even though I can't share them (at this moment in time anyway) .

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I appreiate that cantleave, I have never asked anyone to share my beliefs, heck I am as full of it as everyone else, LOL !

We must ALL find our OWN path, if we so chose to persue one.

Thanks for your kind words.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here you go PS :)

1 Peter 4:14 (New International Version)

14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

John 15:21 (New International Version)

21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.

Matthew 5:11 (New International Version)

11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Hebrews 11:24-26 (New International Version)

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

I guess the WT quickly hurry past these verses in case any "Jehovah's Witnesses" catch on.

Blessings,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

Dear PSacramento,

I too have appreciated your comments on here, I may not feel the same way as you, but you have balanced out many a thread that was being dominated by non-believers.

And I wish for that balance to continue, without alternative points of view there is no debate, and debate is the life-blood of JWN.

We actually need more practioners of Christian Apologetics on here, to defend the Christian faith, otherwise what seem to be valid challenges to it, but are in fact false arguments, go unchecked.

What I am trying to say in my pedantic way is :

WE NEED YOU BOYO, DON'T GO !

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit