With Heavy Heart

by PSacramento 76 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thank you Stephen and wobble :)

I never felt that an "attack" on me was an attack on my faith, my faith IS and that is more than enough.

I think that ad hominem attacks just show that the attacker feels justified to attack the person and not the argument, which I never understood.

But I have been on many MA forums over the last 10 years and this here is NOTHING comapred to the "debates" about Martial arts, LOL !

It is a very common thing that is done and I don't take it personally, I have been through far too much to do that, and I though I had cleared that up in a previous post but I guess not, :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Discussion is fine. Faith cannot be defended without entering into personal debate (tastebuds).
    Example: "This is why I believe that Christ died for our sins."
    is much different than
    "Christ died for our sins and we must be forgiven, here's why and here's how to sign up"
    I have read only a few of PS's but they seemed to lean toward the second exmaple. Which is why I call him an Apologist.
    The way I see it is to be a Christian is to accept the Bible, and to accept the Bible is to defend the Bibles holes because they are many. Most Christians are Apologists, it is VERY hard to find someone who stands
    by their faith as absolute in their own heart......Sabastious

Fair enough..I find both truth and mis-information in your post though.

Example: "This is why I believe that Christ died for our sins."
    is much different than
    "Christ died for our sins and we must be forgiven, here's why and here's how to sign up"

LOL!!..

Yes those are 2 very different approachs..

I have no use for the 2nd approach..

The people I accept as Christians are not Bullys..

I have read only a few of PS's but they seemed to lean toward the second exmaple. Which is why I call him an Apologist.

I really have`nt read many of his posts..So I don`t have an opinion on it..

My words to you are about the Real Christians I know..

The way I see it is to be a Christian is to accept the Bible, and to accept the Bible is to defend the Bibles holes because they are many.

I disagree..

The Christians I know,ultimately follow Jesus..Not the Bible..

If the Bible contradicts the words of Jesus..Jesus wins every time..

I don`t recall Jesus ever Contradicting himself..

Most Christians are Apologists,

I disagree..Most people who call themselves Christians,are not Christians..

They follow out dated books..Men..Organizations..But..Not Jesus..

How can you call yourself a Christian and not follow Jesus Exclusively?..

My experience is..

Real Christians make no apologies for the Bible..

They don`t follow the Bible,they follow Jesus..

it is VERY hard to find someone who stands by their faith as absolute in their own heart..

I agree..

You can actually find people like that,right here on this board..

Those people are the real deal..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If the Bible contradicts the words of Jesus..Jesus wins every time..

Quite correct, The OT and even the NT, is just a collection of writing by those that beleived they wer einspired to write about God and Jesus.

The WORD is Jesus, if you are a christian.

It is not the collective works of the bible or any organization of people.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Though I'm aware that it was written to and for the Jews, I like the OT as well as the NT.

Then, I'm a history buff, anyway.

Sylvia

• Mary
    Mary

All the best to you PSacramento.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

That's what I get from PSac. It's a great distinction and appreciated.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Chalam, BTS, DD and so many others, I Thank you from my heart for your kind words over these many months.

Thank you! Take care, and keep that EMERSON sharp!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well I will certainly miss you....I always liked commenting on your threads.

But I understand. I have no idea why I'm still here. But seriously, pop in once in a while, just to see what's going on here. :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey PSacramento, first of all, you are so refreshing to me, and your faith is actually something I envy. (attention onlookers, don't read too much into that statement)

I wish you all the best and was happy to have shared in the discussions we did. All the best to you and your beautiful family.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'll miss you and your comments, PSac. Whether I agree or not, you present your side well and make me think. That's invaluable when you're trying to get yourself re-centered, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from you and all the others here. Please check in now and then, and I hope to see your posts here again.

God speed to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit