With Heavy Heart

by PSacramento 76 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

You are a pretty tough soul, strong in your convictions.

You will be missed, but I hope you will come back and share when the spirit directs you to.

Wishing you and your family the very best.

dissed (John) - Who loved to hear your experiences

• zoiks
    zoiks

I am sorry that home doesn't feel like home anymore. Please stop by again when you're ready.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for letting me know.

Some threads are just best left to their own devices! Psalm 140:5 John 8:6 Luke 23:9

Blessings,

Stephen

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear PSacramento, I really think all of us like you very much. Even The Gladiator (whose posts I thoroughly enjoy) acknowledges your value and regrets your desire to "abandon" us. We'll all be happy if you continue to share your beliefs and your insight with us.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I appreciate all of your kind words and suggestions, even outlaws, LOL !
    I am in a interesting situation, I am NOT a JW nor am I fundmentalist of any type, I do not believe in a Black and White world.

As such, moderates like myself get "kicked" around quite a bit by the extremists on BOTH sides of the issue.

What we now to be tolerance is viewed as "fence sitting" by some, what we view as understanding is viewed as condoning by others and I can accept that.

But at a certain point we must look deep into ourselves and ask, "why do I only see ONE side and refuse to see ANY validity on the other side?"

This is where being a moderate comes in.

Some here have shown a "preference" for Zen and buddhisim, two "religions" that advocate the "middle path" becuse it leads to greater understanding and that is what I have tried to do since I have been here, being immersed in a familiy with extremists I find it disconcerning that extremissim is so accepted outside religion and so criticized by those against religion.

I don't believe in "conversion by others" so I never try to convert anyone, nor am I quilified to even if I wanted to and I try to respect all views and be as polite as I can.

But to even have the love I have for my wife and children called into question...well...perhaps in regards to certain things I am over sensitive.

Everyday, at 5:30 am I wake-up, take care of myself and wake up my wife at 5:45 and see her off to the train station, I then read till 7AM, at that time I go get my eldest girl, I carry her downstairs and wrap her in a blanket and cuddle with her till 7:10 and then I go get my youngest and cuddle with both till 7:20. Sometimes I just hold them and listen to them breathing. No greater gift from God have I ever received than my wife and little girls, they are my everything.

To have someone suggest/hope that I don't have any...well...perhaps I do have think skin, but I suggest this:

I was a peackepper in Bosnia and saw soem very horrific things, I was a counter-sniper and for those that remember how things were over there, you will realize that I was a tad busy. I have been in the MA for over 30 years and worked as a bouncer for a few years too and I have seen, heard and been "told off" in ways that most here will never contemplate, and yet, not to far back, The good Lord came to me and answered my questions and I found love and peace in his Grace, this too I thank my wife for and the novel "The Shack".

Perhaps my "epipahny" cost me my "thick skin" and perhaps I souldn't take what is said on the net that serious ( though why anyone would say something in the HOPE that people DON'T take is seriously is beyond me), if that is the case, then I can live with my "new born" wimpiness ;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Psacramento..

I had a look at the posts that are causing all the Fuss..

Are you actually leaving over that?..

LOL!!..

This is a ruff and tumble discussion board..

You need some thicker skin..

• sabastious
    sabastious

One less Christian apologist to listen to is always a good thing.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    One less Christian apologist to listen to is always a good thing.

That's one reason why a mouse is clickable.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The good Lord came to me and answered my questions and I found love and peace in his Grace, this too I thank my wife for and the novel "The Shack".
    Perhaps my "epipahny" cost me my "thick skin" and perhaps I souldn't take what is said on the net that serious ( though why anyone would say something in the HOPE that people DON'T take is seriously is
    beyond me), if that is the case, then I can live with my "new born" wimpiness ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmm..

So becoming a Christian turned you into a Wimp..

??????????????????????

I don`t think so..

Your still beat up from a War..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am sorry, I though my last post was relatively clear, think the "perverbial" straw that broke the camels back.

Its a symptamatic thing I have been seeing.

I used to look forward to coming on here and as of late, I have been coming up with reasons to come here. Not a good sign.

It has very little to do with my faith, or beliefs.

As you have seen I have shared my views and opinions openly and freely and I have welcomed counter points with great respect and admired people for their views and never insulted anyone. I don't even demand or ask for the same courtesy.

I just feel that this forum, as it stands right now, is not a goof fit for me anymore and I feel that with a heavy heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit