My Wife Got Baptized into the Organization Yesterday

by garyneal 67 Replies latest members private

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I hope you will be able to give your daughter a balanced life . Will you be able to take her to a church of your choice ,or does your wife get to make all the decisions about religion ??

I wife does not make all the decisions about religion anymore, not ever since I learned the truth about the 'truth.' If I thought that the only thing that was wrong with them were doctrinal things Jesus being Michael the Archangel, the so called invisible presence in 1914, and Jesus being 'a god,' I would not be so opposed to this religion. But my wife swallowing this BS hook line and sinker could actually endanger my daughter's life and sense of sanity. Their blood doctrine alone is enough for me to be totally opposed to this religion, why watchtowerites sacrifice their children on the alter of this insane teaching is beyond my comprehension. The fact that my wife has a warped view of birthdays and holiday celebrations thanks to this cult, is also enough for me to justify my being opposed to it. To think that my wife really thinks that by participating in holidays, God will kill her, is twisted thinking. I do not want my child raised this way and will continue to put my foot down and not allow my wife to teach her that celebrations 'displease Jehovah.'

I will just tell my daughter to watch how witnesses celebrate UN-birthdays, and UN-holidays and ask her to figure out how that is supposedly different. HYPOCRITES!

• blondie
    blondie

I can say this garyneal, my husband's baptism was the first step to his seeing the light. All the jws that were his friends and helping him, dropped him like a hot potato (can't "count" time any more) and went their merry way leaving him all alone. It made him start to see that their words of love were not backed by acts of love.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, Gary, I'm so sorry.

I absolutely love Nathan Natas' comment:

Keep this thought in the back of your mind:

"Baptism is the FIRST STEP in becoming an XJW."

I wish you domestic tranquility.

Nice. We with loved ones in the organization can keep part of that hope alive. Thanks, Nate, that's a prize-winner.

Love, patience, and wisdom to you, Gary! You have shown you have these traits already, but you're going to need a lot more.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am with Blondie on that one. The pioneer couple that studied with me had much less time for me after achieving their goal of getting me baptized and finishing two books in the studying. They made me part of their family before that, then dropped me. Others from the cong. would stop by and see how I was doing as a "bible study" but stopped doing it once they couldn't "count the time" encouraging me.

We hope your wife finds some of them too busy to spend as much time with her as before.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Blondie said:

I can say this garyneal, my husband's baptism was the first step to his seeing the light. All the jws that were his friends and helping him, dropped him like a hot potato (can't "count" time any more) and went their merry way leaving him all alone. It made him start to see that their words of love were not backed by acts of love.

Yes, I have thought of that, Dear Blondie! My lovely neice was baptised a couple of months ago. I do my best to be loving, patient, and quiet... but I'm not always so good at it. I just pray she awakens soon... for her own sake, and the sake of her gorgeous babies.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    We were also told not to believe everything our Father told us because since he wasn't a Witness he was being used by Satan to influence us ....Yeah YOU may think that's far-fetched and will NEVER happen in your family .........

I already see the writing on the wall. Especially after that crazy baptismal talk that was given. Way to make the cult-like mind feel like Satan is attacking her. My wife should be careful in playing the Satan card because given the society's history, I can just as easily argue that perhaps Satan is 'becoming an angel of light' and deceiving many through through this false prophet organization. Since's she admitted that she cannot find anything outside of WT publications to prove 607 BCE, she knows that she does not have much to stand on in terms of the society having all of the 'truth.'

Hopefully, they will continue to come out with new light that will hopefully weaken the foundation of their beliefs in her eyes.

• garyneal
    garyneal

blondie:

Thanks. Personally, I think this is true also in that now that my wife is baptized, she will have to slave for the organization. My wife has stated this many times in the past that she does not like people telling her what to do. Well, she is now a full fledged member of this high control religion where elders and MS's will freely be telling her what they think she should do. Personally, I don't know how this will affect her but I cannot imagine this being a positive thing for her over the long haul.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    What is your plan for your child in School ? will she be able to celebrate holidays or birthdays ? Will she be able to do after school activities ? Run for class office when she is older ,go to school dances ? What if she is in an accident will your wife interfere if she needed a blood transfusion ???

I will tell her teachers that even though my wife is a witness, I am not. As far as my daughter is concerned, if she wants to celebrate holidays, she can freely. I will be taking her to holiday parties and staying as involved as I can be. I've already talked to my wife about this and if she feels like she can go behind my back, I will show her WT literature that says that she must follow her head.

My wife has eluded to the possibility that she may interfere with the blood transfusion thing. I need to gather more information but if that elder was right, there are laws that will protect her (thank God). Never-the-less, as I have stated in other threads, if that situation should ever happen, IT WILL BE WAR between myself and all of those cultists.

• garyneal
    garyneal

nugget:

I am sorry but she is a grown up and can make her own choices.

That's why I did not stop my wife from making this decision and repeatedly reminded her that this was her decision to make and hers alone. If my wife has the same wisdom that your mom had, then things should be okay indeed for all of us. Thanks for sharing.

jookbeard:

I sincerely hope you are right. Hopefully, this religion will continue to roll out new light on the generation teaching. I hope Barbara Anderson is also right in that the society will also make changes to their blood doctrine.

spawn:

Yeah, one of the MS's came by my wife's car while we were eating lunch and kept hinting that she should do well to help bring my daughter into the 'truth.' All I kept thinking to myself was, 'Not if I have anything to do with it.'

Heaven:

I think this is called 'foreshadowing'.

What does that mean?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What are you gonna do when the elders come to your house to set you straight and trump your authority as head of household? I am sure it will be in very subtle ways at first. They will begin to challenge your authority by their actions and soon your wife will have to show whether her loyalty is with them or you.

Oh, I see they have already begun with the not-so-subtle intrusions:

"Yeah, one of the MS's came by my wife's car while we were eating lunch and kept hinting that she should do well to help bring my daughter into the 'truth.' All I kept thinking to myself was, 'Not if I have anything "

You gotta stop it before it gets started. Announce that you are having a private conversation with wife or something.

What happens when they come over and suck you into a discussion because they believe your attitude is spiritually dangerous to your wife? What happens when your wife accepts the elders dictates over listening to anything you have to say?

Once you submit yourself to "meeting with them" you are sunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit