JW Dictionary

by thinker 47 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

New dictionary entry:

"Apostasy": If more than 2/3 of the GB are inspired by Jehovah with fresh ideas, it's called new light. If ONE member of the GB is inspired by Jehovah with fresh ideas, it's called apostasy. If YOU are inspired by Jehovah with fresh ideas, it's definitely apostasy!

Thinker

• larc
    larc

Your fresh idea is also called "running ahead of the organization", which is not hard to do when they are moving at the speed of a glacier.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Dear Thinkers wife

I'm proud of your husband too! aren't we, aaahem, 'lucky' - you fellows are
    "the berries."

Zaz

• larc
    larc

Hi All,

I thought I would resurrect this thread with my miracle cyber-powers, for the new ones who missed it.

I had another word to discuss, and that is the word, "stumble"..Now, it takes about a year of constant programming to get someone to become a JW. Then, they imply that one casual conversation about a serious doubt will stumble someone. Interesting. So, hard to get them in. So easy for them to go out. Is there something wrong with this picture?

• thinker
    thinker

Foolish me. All this time I thought that phrase had something to do with sex. As in "Don't bumble your stubber".

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

My dear brother Larc,

You should know how fragile a thing is faith, and also truth. That is why a good JW should NEVER read any literature other than that which arrives from the FDS. ONE WORD only could be enough to topple all that hard won faith and truth.

Satan keeps watch....oh, yes, he does.

• JAVA
    JAVA

larc,

I thought I would resurrect this thread with my miracle cyber-powers, for the new ones who missed it.

Thanks for the miracle larc; I now know you have great power, except answering your phone when you're on the Net seems to be a challenge lately. I missed this thread the first time around, and it's a great read.

So, hard to get them in. So easy for them to go out.

Thinker, I hope "thinker's wife" doesn't read the latest contribution on this quote from you.

"Couch" -- A place where thinker sleeps tonight.

JAVA, working the Coffee Shop territory without a watch

• trevor
    trevor

The above posts are all very good. I particularly appreciated the definitions of WT buzz words from Lark and the thinker - BRILLIANT!

TREVOR

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Very, Very well put you two!!! I'm printing them and saving them. All of your definitions make so much sense. It seems so obvious when you stand back from a distance and look at things objectively. Seeing the indecisiveness and back pedalling that goes on from month to month within the WTBTS kind of brings to mind some sort of strange Abbot and Costello routine. <only no one is laughing!>

Thanks

eyes

One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth

• Grunt
    Grunt

I have enjoyed the definitions very much. I have a couple of others to address:

Pure Language - The goobledy-gook published by the Perfect Organization through its imperfect men, a bunch of old men in Brooklyn. The Pure Language is often funny in its archaic expressions but never laughed at. The old men in power are out of touch and certainly not a part of "The World" but don't tolerate laughter well.

Remnant - Same bunch of old men in Brooklyn.

The Bride - Same bunch of old men in Brooklyn.

Anointed - Same bunch of old men in Brooklyn, only lately has also been used as "genuine" or "truly" when refering to older people making this claim (like the old men in Brooklyn) and the lack of the aforesaid adjectives are a jab at younger people (people not in their 70's) who are "Partaking."

Profess to be Of the Anointed - Claim to be members of "Bride." To be viewed with skepticism if under 70.

Partake - To eat of the unleavened bread and drink of the wine at the annual Memorial. Most people see this as every Christian's right, in the "Truth" only the "Bride" have Jesus as Mediator and only they are to "Partake" which signals that they are "Future Kings and Priests" and member of the "144,000" of the lion-like Watchman class. All "Other Sheep" attend the "Memorial" to watch the "Anointed" partake. This is hard as most congregations don't have any. Lately more younger people (under 70) have been partaking and when they do, instead of it signaling an honor for them it signals they should be viewed with suspicion as not being "Truly Anointed."

The Truth - Dual meaning, can mean the Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole or it can mean whatever the old men in Brooklyn are currently teaching (see posts above for tenses of Truth.)

The Organization/The Society - dual terms refering both to the entire body of witnesses and at the same time refering mostly to those in charge of the group, a few old men in Brooklyn really.

Mother - Same bunch of old men in Brooklyn who petend the term refers to the Organization

Future Kings and Priests/144,000 - Same old men, but throw in a few thousand around the world who pretend to the same calling as the old men in Brooklyn but have no power, save that of being future rulers of the Earth.

Slave - Buzzword for the same old men, by normal definitions it would be the rank and file who do all the work.

Food at the Proper Time - Whatever the old men in Brooklyn say

The World/Worldlings - Phrase refering to normal people. Not in favor currently as it makes those in the Truth look like they are in a Cult. The old men in Brookly who control everything hate to have it look like a cult. If Witnesses hang around Worldlings or celebrate any Worldly holidays, they will be seen as Dead and not talked to by anyone, unless of course, it involves money.

Tacking - lying

Theocratic Strategy - lying

Other Sheep/numerous other derogatory names - lower class witnesses who are not members of the 144,000. Sometimes refered to as those "ten men holding the skirt of a Jew" with the Jew of course being the old men in brooklyn or those around the world claiming to be a member of the Bride Class.

Discipline - cutting off your family and friends to shut you up and make you tow the line. In other circles it would be known as intimidation, blackmail, extortion or if used against member of the Truth, persecution.

Running Ahead of the Organization - Term used just before Discipline is handed out. Implys a lack of humility and the rejectioin of Food at the Proper Time and Waiting on Jehovah. Like a warning shot across the bow the use of this phrase before possible Discipline means "back off and shutup or somebody gets hurt!" when used to explain Discipline it has the connotation of an obituary, as in he died of Running Ahead and therefore is spiritualy dead of starvation by not getting his Food at the Proper Time from Jehovah/Mother's Table. Message also understood in this use is, don't talk to this person, they are dead to you! Unless of course it involves money.

DA'd - Disassociated. This person has either left of his own freewill, slowly drifted away, or has become an "Apostate" but hasn't done anything to be "Disfellowshipped" for, yet. Or in some cases he is willing to make a big stink over it and it is best just to leave him alone as he might make the "Organization" or congregation look bad, or, worst of all evils, take them to court and cost them bad publicity and MONEY.

Disfellowshipped - Kicked out. No one is to talk to or even greet this person, unless of course it involves money.

Apostate - Anyone who was a Witness and now is opposed to the "Organization." Also anyone who was a Witness and joins another religion. Most people who are DA'd or Disfellowshipped for reasons other than immorality or weakness of the flesh, are to be viewed with extra suspicion as they are probably Apostate. Apostate is the worst curse word a Witness can call you. It conjures up raw hatred and fear of the unknown, for you obviously knew what they know and left. Apostates are seen as able to corrupt a witness in seconds given the opportunity. Apostates are feared almost as much as Demons.

You know, it is kind of hard to stop once you get started!!! As with most cults of long standing the Jehovah's Witnesses have a large vocabulary of words to make what they do seem alright. Hard to belive I was ever taken in by this bunch. Family influnce is what I will blame it on. As is the case with most of their converts. Please forgive the length of this post and these terms. I really enjoyed writing them and just got carried away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit