JW Dictionary

by thinker 47 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Thank you riz,

Thinker started the subject, then I jumped in, and others have made great contributions. Another one you might enjoy is "Heresy of the Month". We had fun doing that one as well.

• riz
    riz

larc,

thanks for the suggestion. i'll try to find it and bring it back up too.

riz
    (feeling nostalgic)

• riz
    riz

Just kidding about bringing 'Heresy of the Month' to the top of the main forum. It's located in the 'Bible Research' forum. Oops. Hehehe.

riz

• dmouse
    dmouse

I've got one! I've got one! (repetition for emphasis!)

"Worldly wisdom" = Scientific facts that totaly disprove what the Organisation teach. Of course, scientists cannot be trusted since they used to teach that the world was flat, so anything they say nowadays can be simply dismissed as the ramblings of demon-inspired lunatics.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Larc here posing as Zazu,

Another blast from the past.

• MuzicmanCa
    MuzicmanCa

To anyone who may be interested:

A while back my dad wrote just such a glossary. It's a fairly extensive listing of the jargon and terminology used within the society. The only differnce is that the tone is one in favor of the WTBS, which he is as an active member of 30 years. However, it still makes some interesting reading. You might want to see his comments on "Light" and "Apostasy".

www.eecs.umich.edu/cs

Enjoy
    MuzicmanCa

• larc
    larc

some ideas from the achives - I hope you enjoyed it.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I see larc that you are on a mission to bttt some old threads.

Very interesting reading, and something that would be useful to the many new users here.

• Dia
    Dia

Fascinating and funny. Don't you wish there was a book form?

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Elders - electricains who make good psychotherapists.

LOL Larc, this thread is hilarious, I just skimmed past it, so someone may have already done this one, but what about:

1.LOVE: Something we have for our fellow brother, projected most beautifully by shunning them completely if they should ever display any of the already mentioned definitions such as "Questioning".

2.GOAT: Anyone who is'nt a Jehovahs Witness

3.TWISTED APOSTATE: Anyone who researches publications outside of the WTBS.

This can also be prevelant in anyone who speaks of the following issues:

United Nations

Old Watchtower Issues

Watchtower History

or

Claiming to have been sexually abused, which can result in point number 1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit