If I was to go out and rape the best looking young virgin girl I could find.........

by ThomasCovenant 191 Replies latest members adult

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

property laws of ancient peoples protected the whole family. there is logic in how laws were applied in those societies but we need to stop and think about conditions at the time as snowbird and psacramento are recommending. You can't expect to have a fair discussion if you insist on taking the passage out of the context in which it was written. Bohm if you are prepared to look at context then we can have a debate.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

there is no taking the passage out context: the true truth was that women were raped LEGALLY!

not only the marrying kind, but after war pillaging these were raped and taken as slaves.

I can understand this happening, but you guys are BLIND! the God of the Bible commanded these things!

I give up! All hail Satan, he has never been as violent as the God of the Bible

• bohm
    bohm

Quietlyleaving: property laws of ancient peoples protected the whole family. there is logic in how laws were applied in those societies but we need to stop and think about conditions at the time as snowbird and psacramento are recommending. You can't expect to have a fair discussion if you insist on taking the passage out of the context in which it was written

Yes i have not read the whole bible or studied the circumstances of their time particular well, but i have read the relevant chapter and a good part of the book it is puplished in. So let me ask you this: Can you imagine a primitive tribe or group of people who had a law that dictated that a rape victim (again: 31% propability the person suffer from PTS) should marry the rapist, and where the circumstances were such that you could not possible give them a better law that would protect the women more? Is that really such an easy thing to do, because I would really like to learn more about those circumstances you have such an easy time to imagine because right now, i am fresh out of ideas - no matter how i turn it in my head i allways think: "hey, what about just making it a law the man should pay the woman he violated each month untill she got married, and that was it".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I hate to bring islam into this but aren't a lot of islams laws that we today find unfair just a take on laws similar to this? For instance this law was to protect women from being raped while islam has a law that a women cannot be outside of the household without being accompanied by a male family member. Could these two laws be merely 2 sides of the same coin?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    You can't expect to have a fair discussion if you insist on taking the passage out of the context in which it was written.

So true. That has been my position all along. I think this answers your objections, Bohm.

I hate to bring islam into this but aren't a lot of islams laws that we today find unfair just a take on laws similar to this? For instance this law was to protect women from being raped while islam has a law that a women cannot be outside of the household without being accompanied by a male family member. Could these two laws be merely 2 sides of the same coin?

Yes! Protection of the female is the undergirding principle. Then, if the worst should happen, the male had to man up (absolutely no pun intended) and handle his business.

Sylvia

• superpunk
    superpunk

What you guys need to understand is that in the context of the time period dudes were just raping women like it was going out of style - and there was literally NOTHING that YAHWEH could do about it except to wring his hands and shake his finger. He had already played his "Flood Card", and then decided he was going to get all symbolic with a rainbow. Fire and Brimstone was sooooooo Sodom and Gomorrah. Leprosy just annoys everyone and is generally reserved as punishment for Canaanites.

I think, all things considered, that this was really the best that an all-powerful God could do. He knew his servants were going to rape each other, so he was just making the best of a bad situation.

• snowbird
    snowbird

*sigh*

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

((((((( snowbird ))))))))

I get it.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Is the Book of Deuteronomy one of the books that was inspired by the supreme creator of all things and are the laws and advice given in it given by that same being?

Answer 1) Yes. Then he should, if he had any decency and regard for the female half of the species he created, have come up with a better option than 'marry your rapist'.

Answer 2) No. Then that's fine. The record is just another story of a middle eastern tribe trying to make the best as they saw fit in the time they lived.

If you accept answer 1) then you have to back up the aforementioned god's ruling with no doubts as to the human morality of the case.

Child sacrifice is generally acknowledged by most people as not quite cricket. But not if you believe answer 1).

Abraham went to slit the throat of his boy under divine instruction so it must be ok. Jesus was sacrificed by his dad so it has to be ok.

When I was a JW | would have to back up anything uncomfortable done by my god otherwise I would be lacking faith. How dare I question him.

• snowbird
    snowbird

((((((( snowbird ))))))))
    I get it.

Thanks, Girlfriend.

Sometimes, I wonder why God made men!

I know He knows best, but I swear I wonder!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit