Back. and seeking ideas for screwing over the memorial

by Sirona 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nice to see you round these parts again, Sirona.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

First of all, hooray! Good to see you, Sirona! How is the precious little one?

Secondly, I have to agree with those who say this will do no good whatsoever. Anything that makes them feel persecuted REINFORCES their dogma and digs them in much deeper. A spectacle is only that... a spectacle.

It wouldn't have helped me to think or escape... and I can't imagine a scenario wherein a person would be positively affected by this.

• Quentin
    Quentin

marked...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey Sirona. This isn't meant to be a pile on, I wanted to express agreement for those that urged restraint. I think you made a great decision.

Today, I was thinking about this oddly enough, which is why I am responding to your thread now. I asked myself, "What would be the most effective protest to a JW gathering?"

To me, I think a big simple sign as people walked by at a convention would be best. It would say the following.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THE GOVERNING BODY DOESN'T WANT YOU TO RESEARCH JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ON THE INTERNET?

IT'S BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT TO HIDE, AND MANY LIES

WHY ELSE WOULD THEY FORBID IT?

JUST GOOGLE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSEES WHEN YOU ARE ALONE. DON'T BE AFRAID. THEY WON'T KNOW ABOUT IT.

THOSE WHO USED TO BE JW'S AREN'T EVIL, THEY JUST LEARNED THE TRUTH. THATS IT.

How I would fit that on a sign is another matter entirely.

But thats all you need, just implant this one idea, "What is the GB so afraid of?" Then, let nature take its course.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hmm, that's pretty wordy. The most an average JW would do is glance at it. Is there something that can be reduced to a single phrase, or an image?

But yes, I agree with all the above, be respectful and show restraint.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hmmm. Maybe that could be 3 or 4 signs, so I would need some volunteers...

(I am not planning on doing this btw, my weekends are spent recuperating from the first 30 years of my life as a JW...)

• cofty
    cofty

How about simply ....

Google Jehovah's Witnesses

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Not many words to read here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit