Back. and seeking ideas for screwing over the memorial

by Sirona 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

Sirona,

I like your passion to want to do something. I like your ability to reason even better.

Many are still dealing with the anger over lost time...

This board, and this thread offers great ideas on how we can be of assistance.

LouBelle,

That makes sense, our time is valuable.

Let's focus our energies on positive pursuits, when dealing with JW issues, EX-JW issues, and Non-Jw issues.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

In a JW's mind any kind of protest or disruption like this = persecution

persecution= confirmation that the end is near, they are God's chosen people etc...etc...

So all you do is reinforce their beliefs.

I think if you want to do anything show up early tell everyone how glad you are to see them. Observe the memorial and then start talking about how happy you are now that you are a born again Chrisitian or whatever you are now, and invite them to go celeberate Easter or whatever with you this Sunday. I am sure you'll get treated like a leper but the first few you catch off guard will be great. Pick your first targets well, show them how happy and ok you are with things. When they ask you to leave just say ok, smile and say see yall next year!

• sacolton
    sacolton

In their minds it works both ways:

If you don't protest = Jehovah is protecting them (See? We DO have the Truth!)

If you do protest = Satan is tempting us! The end is near! We are being persecuted! (See? We DO have the Truth!)

Honestly, it doesn't matter.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Like everyone else, I wouldn't disrupt. Putting flyers on car windows in the parking lot wouldn't be going too far, though, IMO.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I disagree Sacolton. One of the things that got me to leave was when I realized not many people outside the kingdom hall gave a shit.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Ok you have convinced me to not do it.
    I guess it was a whim.
    :)

How's that beautiful little girl doing? Sylvia

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Whatever faults Jehovah's Witnesses have, they should be shown the same respect that is due at any religious ceremony, whatever our personal beliefs.

It is not appropriate to use such an occasion to vent personal anger. Such a display is likely to strengthen their faith and convince them that the devil has taken over all ex-members.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Disrupt what would otherwise be another hour spent in sheer boredom at the KH contemplating another wasted year without achievements? You spoil sport.

If you want to release a bit of tension head to a pub instead and get a bottle of red - pass it round a few times before you savour it's fine flavour. You could then plan an Ex-dub do - perhaps consider inviting only those in poor standing with the congregation, have it in an inappropriate establishment (any pub) and ensure that no-one is controlling the alcohol, if the lights are dimmed too much, the type of music playing or if the conversation is upbuilding enough. Enjoy your freedom - it's good to be free no? (please excuse the Oasis quote)

MMXIV

• cofty
    cofty
    please excuse the Oasis quote - MMXIV

"Don't look back in anger"

• parakeet
    parakeet

If you and your friend go, no matter what you intend to do there, the dubs will still include you in their attendance count. Do you really want to be included in their beloved stats?

Best way to diss the Memorial is not to attend at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit