Back. and seeking ideas for screwing over the memorial

by Sirona 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ok

Me and friends are going to attend a memorial on 30 march.

What would be the best way to get our message across?

Should we just throw a hundred flyers into the hall in the middle of the memorial?

Should we drink the wine and eat all the bread and then stand up and say something?

What do you suggest?

We are serious. We are thinking of videoing the whole thing.

Sirona (ex JW for 10 years)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I cannot think of anything good that would come out of this.

Take the high road, show class, and allow others to assemble peacefully and practice their religion.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

I have to agree with leavingwt highjacking the memorial is a bad way to get your point across.

• cofty
    cofty
    What would be the best way to get our message across?

What message do you want to communicate?

• Sirona
    Sirona

I see what you mean.

However,

I am not into letting a cult cause people damage whilst people preach about "freedom of religion"

Have you been JW? Do you know the reality of this organisation?

The message is: this organisation has lied to you. Following an organisation of a group of men will harm you. Look at this info"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Your efforts are better spent educating non-JWs on the dangers of high-control groups. Realistically, it's virtually impossible to assist anyone out of the WT organization, because of the sophisticated Thought Reform.

They're already prepared for 'Apostate antics'. You'll fulfill the warnings they've already heard, etc.

• tootie
    tootie

So do you disagree with ALL organized religion?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes we all know only to well, I'm a former elder LeavingWt is ex-bethel. We all want to help jws wake up to the reality of the borg but I think that disrupting a memorial will only reinforce what they are told about ex-members.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Sadly there are no magic words or actions that if said or performed will wake people up from JW programming. Only when someone has come to a state of mind where questioning the teachings is possible can you start to discuss and show them some of the many inconsistencies, misinterpretations and hypocrisy.

Believe me I know this from personal experience, for years I felt there was something wrong, but buried my feelings. Even when I acknowledged the congregation had deep seated problems I still defended the Org as a whole. Only when I was ready could I see the bigger picture and then others were able to help me see the real truth.

A big protest is unlikely to help people leave the Org and could ultimately back-fire very badly scaring off those who might be able to help.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I understand your feelings and emotions 100% but you are getting good advice on here. It will not accomplish what you hope. It's better to leave all that JW stuff behind you and concentrate on building a new life and new friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit