Back. and seeking ideas for screwing over the memorial

by Sirona 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The best way to undo some of the damage done by the Watchtower is to be there for those who are on their way out or newly out. I have been in contact with many of them, some on the verge of suicide. Thankfully, they've all made it through, and they're all reaching out to others.

By screwing up the memorial, you'll be showing disrespect to Jesus in the minds of jws and not to the Watchtower, where the disrespect rightly belongs.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Doing this will just re-enforce the stereo-type they have of apostates and that we are all bad evil people and that they are being persecuted. It would do more harm than good if your reasoning is to help people leave.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It's not a good idea. Disrupting their memorial lets the elders say "See! Told you so! Those apostates/opposers/unbelievers are evil, they're doing satan's work!" Besides that, you could end up getting arrested (disorderly conduct, etc.). It's better to be an example of how nice ex-Witnesses and non-Witnesses are than to prove the WT right. To help your loved ones leave the organization, help rebuild the bridges to family and friends. Don't burn them like the WT does.

GLT

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

I dont think you should do anything disrespectful, you're going to give them MORE AMMO to their "see how bad worldly people act" line of thinking. I remember having to be an attendent at a couple district assemblies and it was just a bother. I was already set in a mode of not listening, so even if you had a bullhorn and was shouting loud enough for the people across the globe to hear you, I wouldnt be listening.. more like just saying "Yeah yeah, scurry along now... i'd like to go sit and nap some more."

Should spend that night rejoicing in the fact that you have the freeness of mind to enjoy the life that is set before you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ok you have convinced me to not do it.

I guess it was a whim.

:)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

(((((Sirona)))))

• sacolton
    sacolton

Most people just hold signs outside the Kingdom Hall and hand out flyers. You can get your message out without being intrusive.

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zcZ-eaBI8

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah.Jws LOVE attention and Imagined oppression.Altho,I once saw a wineglass "slip" out of a friends hand.I truly believe that it was an accident,but You cannot imagine the mayhem that occurred!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Your efforts would be better spent enjoying your own freedom from the JWs.

They say "Living well is the best revenge." Personally I think that them knowing we are very happy without the JWs/WTS in our lives and have not resorted to Persecuting™ them in any way is very confusing to them. They expect Persecution™ and hatred from people who leave. They are prepared for it. They don't quite know how to handle someone who's left, who is quite happy living their life the way they want and not bothering them.

It actually makes them angry, because they thrive on thinking they ought to have your attention, and that they warrant the thought, emotions and energy required to Persecute™ them. They don't.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I went through a phase when I first left - I wanted to throw pigs blood on the doors for their bloodguilt.

I wanted to leave burned literature on their door step.

Plant pooh piles

Anything really to show my anger and dissatissfaction with them....what would it do in the great scheme of things?? Cause a bit of a stir, give them something to talk about for a week or two...

They do not deserve another minute of my time or effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit