JW C@fe freaking out over NASA report!

by sacolton 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

This one is pure irony!

Oghoghome Emmanuel Omaduvie be careful not to make predictions regarding the dates, because even Jesus Christ said the day and hour he does not know' when puzzled.

1940's
    2000 Maybe if they just proclaim each new year, "this is the year" they will get it right before too long ;) Blessings, Stephen
  • sir82
    sir82
    i agree dat dis wicked systetm of thinggs is sinkin toward terminal destruction.

Ah, the fruits of divine education!

"terminal destruction" - priceless!

• chickpea
    chickpea

man.... if ever there was a "the sky is falling" faith group

:freakout:

• sacolton
    sacolton

Cheryl D. Thorne If this is true....will Jehovah put the earth back on its axis where He had it? Comedy gold.

• undercover
    undercover

Please tell me that all of these are all tongue and cheek dubs...they're all pulling the legs of the real ones...

...and not just oghoghome...that's just too obvious...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NEW YORK - Earth's days may have gotten a little bit shorter since the massive earthquake in Chile, but don't feel bad if you haven't noticed.

The difference would be only about one-millionth of a second.

Richard Gross, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., and colleagues calculated that Saturday's quake shortened the day by 1.26 microseconds. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second.

The length of a day is the time it takes for the planet to complete one rotation - 86,400 seconds or 24 hours.

An earthquake can make Earth rotate faster by nudging some of its mass closer to the planet's axis, just as ice skaters can speed up their spins by pulling in their arms. Conversely, a quake can slow the rotation and lengthen the day if it redistributes mass away from that axis, Gross said Tuesday.

Gross said the calculated changes in length of the day are permanent. So a bunch of big quakes could add up to make the day shorter, "but these changes are very, very small."

So small, in fact, that scientists can't record them directly. Gross said actual observations of the length of the day are accurate to five-millionths of a second. His estimate of the effect of the Chile quake is only a quarter of that span.

"I'll certainly look at the observations when they come in," Gross said, but "I doubt I'll see anything."

Jehovah`s Witness`s will have to shorten they`re Field Service hours by 1.26 of a microsecond..

That should be easy..

Its the same number as the average JW IQ 1.26..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the elders were right... Must go back and get re-instated before a flaming asteroid kills me and sends me to eternal torment nothing happens.

I never understand that logic, be good I have to live with you JW assholes, be bad I might enjoy 5 min of my life and no consequences just lights out.... Where is the incentive to be good other than a self righteous ego trip.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

~sigh~

I want to laugh, I want to be entertained by this... but it just makes me sad. And creeped out. And a little scared of zealots.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Remember, constantly reading the Watchtower and Awake is the equivalent of a good college education -

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cheryl D. Thorne If this is true....will Jehovah put the earth back on its axis where He had it? No, Cheryl, he won't. He hasn't fixed anything else that's wrong with this planet, so what mades you think he could handle the big stuff? Oghoghome Emmanuel Omaduvie it surely is a lie, i've checked bbc & cnn, nothing like that. I'm sure you're conjuring your breaking news or you've been watching the movie-2012. Whichever way, as true servants of Jehovah we should not mislead others not Hoghomie, NASA doesn't lie. Johann Hornigold If the earths axil was moved just 1 degree our whole weather system would be influenced. In fact the Organization released a DVD about the earth. Look at it then you will see that it is impossible to move the earth's axil. Um, Mr. Hornygold, the earth doesn't move like a car. It does not have an "axil". And I think you mean "axel". Anita M Floyd 'Sarratt' mayhaps one of the means in which Jehovah will fulfill what is to come... Yeah, you got that right babydoll. He's getting ready to smash this place to blithereens! Kelly Wallace The Bible says Jehovah will bring to ruin thos Ruining The Earth. This is our home Jehovah wont let us lose it. Kelly, how much garbage do you put out each week? In a lifetime, what percentage of the landfills would you say is your contribution? Don't you think landfills are ruining the earth? If you have contributed, doesn't that make you a ruiner?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit