How miserable are Witless Kids REALLY?

by hamsterbait 43 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Most people who start visiting and lurking on this site are already doubting and sensing that something is very wrong in the La la land of the WTBTS.

I refuse to pander to the prejudices of "True Belivers" who will condemn anything on this site, even if it is worded to avoid offending their cult sensibilities.

If my use of "witless" scares off a Reniaa it saves us all endless trouble dealing with hijacked and off-track posts.

Iuse the terms I use as my way of recovering from the cult and putting it in its place in my head, and I assume others do too.

As for "saving" anybody from the cult, that is nonsense. I have not been put on this planet to save anybody from their own belief system. If anybody leaves, it is because they have had enough, and they will use any reason to justify their choice, whether it is another Christian Sect making more sense or any of the other 1001 reasons posters here have described.

HB

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember a "worldly" friend of mine in grade school started coming over to the house a lot. Then he started inviting me to parties. That was when my parents really put the clamps down on me.

A girl wrote in my high school annual, "I loved playing with you in grade school. In high school you kind of disappeared."

It was desperately lonely. My only approved association were the kids in the congregation. Guess what, Mom and Dad? Three of those kids were gay!

I had conflicted feelings my entire life because I was always attracted to girls who were not JWs.

I had a lot of potential artistically but the only thing you were supposed to do was serve the organization.

I feel really proud of myself now for trying to help my kids lead normal lives: celebrating holidays and hopefully going to college eventually.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember standing outside the class every morning during the flag salute. That's where the teacher wanted me because her kids were in the military and she did not want to be offended by seeing me not saying the pledge.

I hated always having to do something "alternative" to whatever holiday activity was being done at school. If everybody else was coloring pictures of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, then I was coloring a picture of a kid playing in the snow or something.

I remember constantly saying prayers in my head asking forgiveness for my bad thoughts- in grade school! How normal is that for a kid?

• d
    d

I can relate in so many ways, No holidays, or school dances or not being to date outside one's own religion.I was not miserable at first since I was raised into the religion, buut it just become too much for me over time.I was between the age of 13 to 16 and was being pressured to be baptised.I felt like I was too young to make such a life long promise and feeling like I let Jehovah down and feeling scared about dying during the Great Tribulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit