Ice Dancing

by poopsiecakes 118 Replies latest social physical

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sounds good. It was a blast, buddy

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just watched the ceremonies. It was really good.

I think the U.S. couple actually skated better in the second round, but they didn't in the first. That's what did them in.

Great competition!

• linp24
    linp24

No American posters cheering on Davis and White? Where were y'all?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Shamus, you're still here!! I agree, the US couple had a more electric free dance, what a great night. The medals ceremony was great, I felt kinda bad for the Russian couple that nobody handed them a flag till it was pretty much over, though.

Good question, linp24 - it was a poopsie/shamus night for sure! It would have been great to have more input from others but I had a blast anyway.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm back

The Russians - I could have done without the birds. That was over the top and I really don't think they were so good. More focused on tricks that real dance skating

The Americans - sorry but I was bored. I just don't feel a real connection between the couple.

The Canadians - WOO WOO RAH RAH RAH HOOOORAY INCREDIBLE Oh I'll stop shouting. That program had me swaying along with them. They remind me in many ways of Bourne & Krantz - the close skating, the focus on dance and not tricks, the connection between the couple. I think they have it all.

It was nice to see the friendship between the American and Canadian couple. The Russians just looked miserable. I was a little miffed that when all three couples got up on the top podium for pictures the Russian woman who was taller than the others stood almost hiding Tessie behind her shoulder.

Did I imagine it or did Scott fall off the back of the podium when they were getting down?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Lady Lee, you're back! Love the comments...

I thought the Russian bronze girl (the guy seemed ok) looked very uncomfortable and kinda pissy, but not knowing her it's hard to know what was in her head. The genuine affection between the US & Canadians was so great to see and maybe that made the Russian couple feel out of place...who knows...there is a definite ego thing going on when competitors are at that level and I think that some are better at playing the game than others, but she did look like she wanted to stick pins in her own eyes.

I didn't see the almost fall!! Probably too teary eyed...I'm such a softie...

Wasn't that fun though??? A great finale from all 4 couples - I did get a bit more of a wow factor from the Americans but that skate from Virtue and Moir was so smooth and flowing and exactly what you want from ice dancing - the time flew. It was just a great evening all round.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You know what it was with the Russians - their dance didn't match the music. At one point the music sped up - fast and they just plodded along as if there was no change. Then the music slowed down and their footwork stayed the same - not faster or slower. Then the music sped up and they did a bit better.

But I don't know. Call me crazy. If you are going to dance the steps should match the music. otherwise you are a bad dancer. That isn't too much to ask, it is?

she did look like she wanted to stick pins in her own eyes

OMG You almost made me fall off my chair

As for Scott's fall off the back of the podium - you have to watch it very closely (whish I had recorded it) It looked like he might have stepped down but not realized how big the step down was and sort of had one leg sweep out from under him and he skidded around to get his balance. You could only see it if you were looking behind all the skirts of the ladies. Although maybe that isn't what happened and I was just seeing things

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm going to see if there is a place to ask the question

• John Doe
    John Doe

People actually watch that stuff?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I totally agree about the music not matching the moves, that's something that frustrates the crap out of me. Let me know if you see anything behind those skirts!!! Oh, just out of curiosity, what did you think of the French couple who skated to the Shindler's List soundtrack? Was it just me, or did the thong kind of take away from the solemnity of the music??

John, yes people do. And it's AWESOME!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit