Ice Dancing

by poopsiecakes 118 Replies latest social physical

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Lady Lee, you're gonna have me watching the tabloids for the love affair headlines!!! lol

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It's better Shamius The Korean did a Triple triple = more points YES in 1st place

I don't understand the new scoring system either

John Doe

You asked why anyone would want to do figure skating and I didn't answer you. So here

Because it is sport AND art.

Now a question. Why do men want to pad themselves up and shoot a puck around an icerink or clim into a ring and beat the crap out of each other? Most would say it is spoort but I find it hard to see anything artistic about it

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey,

Did that Canadian bird skate yet?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Canadian bird? I hope you don't mean Joannie Rochette - THAT will have everyone in tears.

I don't know how she will do it or get through the rest of the competition (her Mom died on Sunday afdter arriving in Vancouver to watch her daughter skate)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LOL Lady (mention the rather obvious bruises on almost every skater!!)

Shamus, no not yet - god, what a sad story. I feel a salty discharge coming on...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I keep wanting to answer why you get all teary eyed. I do to. It is emotional to watch people work so long and so hard for something and see the end of all their hard work.

Opportunities we never had

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes - Joannie Rochette.

I'm assuming she has not - I can't hear poopsiekakes weeping from here yet.

Been kind of dying to see that. She's got some pretty stiff competition so far. Poor woman.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Do you remember the story of the skater who had her face slashed open by her partner's skate - and got back up to skate with him again -- Jessica Dube, and Bryce Davison

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Tell me about it. The whole thing gets me so choked up and the only thing I can explain it with is that I can finally allow myself to be free to allow my emotions to come to the fore. Don't get me wrong, I used to get all teary eyed before but i would put the brakes on - which is really sad when you think about it. Now, I can buy a Canada sweatshirt and let fly..and I LOVE it!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

just saw an announcement another 15 min and 6 skaters before Joannie

This Russian skater - nope don't like her at all omg these bows are horrific

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit