What is the Biblical Support for Observers at the Memorial ???

by RubaDub 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Consider this - according to Luke's gospel Jesus presented the symbols of his body and blood to none other than Judas. Yes the very guy that was getting ready to betray him.

Maybe someone will get this thought better than I got it. (I forget so much so fast after leaving the JW's) JW's teach that Judas left the room before the covenant part of their meal. To fudge the point without highlighting it during the memorial talk, they say that it was a covenant Jesus made with his "faithful apostles."

That and some scripture that allows one to be led to believe such a statement bolsters the claim that only the "anointed" partake.

• parakeet
    parakeet

As a child, I was small for my age, so I often sat on my Bible to better observe the untasted wine and crackers being passed around.

Does that count as biblical support?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

WT Wizard,

I'm sure that those sitting on the front row do observe whether those around them are partaking or not. Some might even look back to see if anyone is partaking. Are you saying JW's are not curious? You didn't keep your eyes closed, did you?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello RubaDub,

This thread might be of interest.

The Clear Biblical Case Against "The Memorial".

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Try taking Communion in a conservative Lutheran Church or Catholic Church or even a conservative Presbyterian Church that practice Closed Communion.

You will quickly feel like your old 'other sheep' self.........

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Is that what you did TT? I mean, really, how would you know? Sounds like more party line propaganda from the 'Watchtower' or 'Awake' then from any real experiences.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

perry you sound like wt org with that threatening brain tumor story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit