What is the Biblical Support for Observers at the Memorial ???

by RubaDub 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have never gotten a good answer for this questions from any other JW's other than "Everyone was of the annointed back in the first century" or "we are showing our respect for the arrangement" or some other nondescript comment.

Even the notion that we "celebrate" the memorial is not accurate since the "celebration" part is limited to 8 or 9 thousand people and the 15 million or so that attend are merely observing or watching.

Is there some other Biblical support for people to observe the celebration ??? In all my life as a JW, I still don't quite understand the significance of it from a Biblical persective.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

It's easy. When the Israelites sinned in the wilderness and partied and celebrated, Jehovah wasn't part of the celebration but he observed it .

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Biblical support for the Reject Jesus ritual? Only in a convoluted interpretation. Otherwise, zip.

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

BTS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is no scriptural support for observing and not participating.

And the number is closer to 11,000, btw.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

I have been wondering about it. Even after leaving JWs I went to the Memorial every year. I wanted to show my appreciation to Jesus and that was the best way I knew how. But just a few months ago I learned that the Black Mass is basically the same thing, and also some people on this forum called it "Jesus rejection party". I thought about it and decided not to go anymore until I understand, from the Bible, what is the right thing to do. So this will be my first year not going to the Memorial...

I have a question - Those of you who still belive in Jesus and his sacrifice - what do you do in harmony with his command "keep doing this in remembrance of me?"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    There is no scriptural support for observing and not participating. And the number is closer to 11,000, btw.

Mad .....

Not to belabor the point, but according to the 2010 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, worldwide attendance at the 2009 celebration of the Memorial was 18,168,323.

Remember, people come out of the woodwork for that day.

DK

• Perry
    Perry
    I have a question - Those of you who still belive in Jesus and his sacrifice - what do you do in harmony with his command "keep doing this in remembrance of me?"

Hortenzie, I do this:

The participation in the Lord's Supper is a command to those who enter into a legally binding contract (New Covenant) with Jesus where on the one hand he agrees to take your punishment due YOU. On the other hand, the believer agrees to make Jesus the Lord of his life and to give up his will in favor of the will of God. It is not about trying to be good. It becomes God's problem, not yours. He then goes to work inside you and crafts you over time into the image of his Son. You'll never be good enough. Get off the hampster wheel and be obedient is my best advice. I did it. It has worked out very well for me.

If you believe that you are a sinner I would highly reccommend that you take the offer. It is that simple. Once you do, Jesus will become your Mediator between you and the Justice due for your sins. He absorbs the wrath for you, in your place, not for Adam like the WT teaches.

Here's an article I wrote on the topic.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Perry - You said: "Get off the hampster wheel and be obedient is my best advice". Obedient to who? To God, to Jesus? - I don't know what they want from me. To people and their ideas about God? - I'm passed that...

• Perry
    Perry

Obedient to Jesus. Read the article above so you will understand what the animal sacrifices were for. Only, then will you understand what Jesus shed blood means.

I would treat all people with extreme caution as you expressed. Trying to be good didn't work for you in the WT did it? It didn't work for me either. It is wise to stop things that do not work. You do not need to try harder, jump higher, and run faster. You need to stop. You need a Savior. It really is that simple.

Tell the Lord Jesus Christ that you accept his offer, once you understand what the offer is. You can send me an email if you want to talk here.

In two hours I'll be talking with a woman and her husband who were both raised as Jehovah's Witnesses, just as I was. Just about 3 weeks ago she made the statement that it would be a really long time before she could commit to Jesus. Just days after she made that statement she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

Life is short. What we do with Jesus has eternal consequences.

• stimulatemymind
    stimulatemymind

Contemplate,

when Jesus initiated the convenant with the eleven, and told them to do this in remembrance of me at Luke 22:19,20, and at Luke 22:30 he clarifies they will sit on thrones to Judge the twelve tribes of Isreal, but there was only eleven who broke bread and drank the cup of wine with the Christ, the twelveth one Mathias, was not selected to fill the vacancy until after the resurrection of the Christ and before the Holy Spirit was poured on Pentecost 33 CE,

the full number of the future Kings were not known until John wrote Revelation in the year 96, these ones selected by Jehovah, hold to that which was written in Luke to do this in remembrance,

those selected and partake, know Jehovah, for Jehovah has touched them with is Spirit and they come to know that, Holy, Holy, Holy is Jehovah of Armies and by this annoiting they know the truth, 1 John 2:20,21,

the selection process continues to this day, when the four winds are released upon the sea, trees, and earth as fortold at Revelation 7:3, then we will know the the selection of the 144,000 is complete,

recall the Bible denotes the satanic governments through out human history as: tree, sea and earth

all other christians who are not selected for this future admininstration appear in respect to Jehovah and his Son the Christ,

Jehovah has given us free will, the decision is ours whether to appear or not,

as the Isreal of old came together for the passover to commemorate their salvation by Jehovah, we as christians out of respect for and obedience to Jehovah and his son Jesus should make an appearance to commemorate our personal salvation by Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit