What is the Biblical Support for Observers at the Memorial ???

by RubaDub 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Perry - Not interested. Thank's anyway. (Wow, that was easy. Should have done it to JWs years ago...)

• jdhf
    jdhf

should the memorial be celebrated yearly??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Minimus - LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What is the Biblical Support for Observers at the Memorial ???

A BIG FAT ZERO

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mad .....

Not to belabor the point, but according to the 2010 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, worldwide attendance at the 2009 celebration of the Memorial was 18,168,323.

They're just the observers. The eating and drinking is done by around 11,000 people, not 8 or 9 thousand. It's been going up, up, up.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Can you imagine hosting a meal with numerous invited ones there but only one or two partake? Do you think you would invite those who did not eat and drink again the following year? What an insult!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The practice of observating and not partaking contradicts the Gospel. By rejecting the Lord's supper, "observers" are publicly refusing Christ's offer of eternal life. John chapter 6 quotes Jesus stating that His supper is for all who would be resurrected and have eternal life:

(48) 'I am the bread of life. (49) Your fathers ate manna in the desert and they are dead; (50) but this is the bread which comes down from heaven, so that a person may eat it and not die. (51) I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.' (52) Then the Jews started arguing among themselves, 'How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" (53) Jesus replied to them: 'In all truth I tell you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. (54) Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person up on the last day. (55) For my flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink. (56) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in that person. (57) As the living Father sent me and I draw life from the Father, so whoever eats me will also draw life from me. (58) This is the bread that came down from heaven; it is not like the bread our ancestors ate: they are dead, but anybody who eats this bread will live forever.'

The message is clear: eating the Lord's meal is the mark of all who believe, and the path to eternal life. So, what is your choice: partaking of the Lord's supper as He told us to do, or turning your back on Jesus in the name of a man-made organization?

</sermon>

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The confusion comes from 1 cor 11:28-30 - which speaks about partaking and drinking means taking on judgement, and you must make sure you are worthy prior to doing it, and that's why many are sick. (Haven't really checked into it much yet, but seems to go against Jesus speaking about it, and almost as a snare, because aren't those judged those who reject the sacrifice and those who think due to their works they are 'owed' it, would think they are 'worthy'?

Seems Jesus said all are to do it, if they want to get life. Seems 1 Cor is saying, take it, only if worthy, because you'll be judged when taking it.

I haven't done enough comparing or interlinear comparisions yet, which may clear up the confusion.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Nobody is worthy but it is offered and is rude to reject this gift.

Consider this - according to Luke's gospel Jesus presented the symbols of his body and blood to none other than Judas. Yes the very guy that was getting ready to betray him.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You might look for where it is mentioned that everyone present has to be able to observe everyone that partakes, or it doesn't count. At the Kingdumb Hell, how are those in the front going to observe anyone partaking in the rear or in the back rooms?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit