BOE on Disfellowshiped Relatives

by JWFreak 55 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

As an ex-elder I can say that this letter rings true and I too have known the politics that go on in these circumstances. This is how it goes:-

Elder 1: Lots of bros and sis in the cong are concerned that Johnny Knobthruster is back in the family home.

Elder 2: But he has got mental issues and suicidal thoughts.

Elder 3: It don't stop him going clubbing with his on the "edge of the troof" friends; there is a element of leaven going on I think.

Elder 4: Well his Dad (Elder 5) is very useful on the Regional Building Committee

Elders 1 and 3: Why don't we bounce it off of the CO?

CO Pilate: Hmmm! Why not ask the Service Desk?

Elder 1: (To service, weighting the thing towards his personal view) "... and so the brothers are very concerned."

Anon. Service Desk heavy: "Well the elders need to meet to consider the situation and Elder 5's privileges" ()

All 4 elders hijack Elder 5 who hasn't a clue what's been brewing.

The decision depends on: -

Does Elder 5 need to have Johnny K in the house? As decided by the body of elders majority view as swayed by the strongest personalities with input from the CO and Service. If the elders buck the system and support him then the CO at the very least will take them off err overlook giving them circuit assembly talk privileges and at worst will manouvre things to remove Elder 5 at his next visit.

Possible outcomes:-

A) Elder 5 sees the light - kicks JK to the kerb and stays on the body

B) Elder 5 sees the light - kicks JK to the kerb and gets booted because he should have cleared JK's return to the family home beforehand

C) Elder 5 sees nothing - appeals in the vain hope that he will be exhonerated and gets booted anyway

D) Elder 5 really sees the light; sticks two fingers up to the body of elders and fades away.

Or a mixture of the above!

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

JWF: Post a .PDF and still some might say it's forged.

As of yesterday, the letter had not been posted on the jw.org (I checked). But sometimes they're posted a month or so later than the date of the letter. Also, some letters are not posted but sent only in hardcopy. You also say it's an interbranch memo, which could mean it is in the process of being circulated.

I have no doubts the leter is authetic: It fits perfectly what has been the official position of WT for years on this subject, just a bit more direct and black/white (leaving less room for local elder's autonomy, how convenient!).

Thanks for posting it!

• jambon1
    jambon1

The organisation are a bunch of heartless bastards & anyone who proceeds to 'dance to their tune' by treating their family this way should take a good look at themselves.

Filth.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Hi Winston

Check again on Thursday, the letter should be available in 20 langauges and uploaded to jw.org then.

Thanks

JWF

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

freddo - were you in my congregation??LOL your take is dead on. That's exactly how it plays out with the exception that elder 4 and 2 are buddies with elder 5 and also happen to be secretary & COBOE. Issue dies with whinny elder 1 & 3 going behind the others back to the CO. The CO talks to the COBOE on the next visit on the side and decides that nothing needs to even be discussed. Again, politics but this time working in favor of 5.

JWF - Please don't let folks discourage you from posting this stuff. While it may not be super exciting, its important for those who aren't used to reading these letters to see for themselves the bureaucratic nature of how the individual congos are run. The low level managers have almost everything dictated to them and are cogs in the wheel to be used and disgarded as the higher ups see fit. Same goes for the rank & file.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Kudos to both ends of spectrum: JWFreak & The Old Hippie!

This kind of interplay is refreshing IMO.

Note to lurkers: Does JWN disfellowship The Old Hippie for posting a contrarian opinion?

Thanks again JWFreak for posting these.

om

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The information is nothing new. I was removed for being an elder because of my daughter, who was 19, was living at home when she got disfellowshipped. At the time, the WTS did not allow for the consideration of the child's circumstances. I was given the choice of either kicking my daughter out of the house or being removed as an elder. My daughter came came first and stayed in the house.

• eyesthatsee
    eyesthatsee

Lesson for all parents that love their children is don't let them get baptised. Delay, delay, delay and it may never happen.

As an ex-elder (resigned, not DF'd or DA'd) who resigned because of exactly this kind of malicious manipulation, I agree that this letter is authentic - almost word for word with similar letters I've seen over the last few years.

Oh by the way, almost all of the grey men in suits who write this drivel don't have children, have never experienced normal familiy life and are institutionalised.

My advice is don't be bitter, just laugh at their cultish musings. They have no power over those who use their God-given thinking ability and get out.

Difficult when we still have family still in the cult, but still much better than living by these evil man-made rules.

ETS

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How can showing love to a family member, ill or otherwise, make the Congo lose respect for an eldhuh????

The Asleep! says that nobody should be forced to choose between their family or religion.

LIES LIES LIES

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Remember too that this Borganization is soo sick, they are even worrying now if you should even be in the same roo, "inadvertantly" with a member of the opposite sex!

I know one sick family, where the in laws will not be alone with other members of the extended fambly.

One woman actually told her brother in law to go and sit in the car until his brother got home. The neighbours might think they were having a quickie, I presume.

They have NO NATURAL AFFECTION.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit