BOE on Disfellowshiped Relatives

by JWFreak 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Thanks again for posting these! I must remember not to read them while eating. I'm so disgusted.

• undercover
    undercover
    In other words - no way to know whether they are real or not ..............

Yea, without a scan it is hard to prove that these letters are actually written by the Society.

However - there is nothing really new in this letter. All the guidelines condensed in this letter are already published elsewhere in Society's literature. This letter, if real, is just making sure the elders are following the already in place guidelines.

But it would give these letters more credibility if some of our 'inside' elder friends could confirm that they've seen these letters show up in the files.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thanks again for posting these! I must remember not to read them while eating. I'm so disgusted.

Would be great reading for those that purge.

Think About It

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its all about and concerning the organizations outward image within the organization itself and outside of it.

Individuals who have appointed positions in the congregation are seen and are supposedly made exemplary to the rest of the congregation.

For an example if an elder as a teenager whose taken on a drug problem and is incapable of living on their own and has to stay

with their parents, this looks terribly bad within the congregation and presents a bad image to the rest of the flock as it were.

So what they're saying is that that elder should have his appointed privileges yanked and taken out of the spot light.

Mustn't bring reproach on the god's organization you know.

• minimus
    minimus

The Old Hippie, do you doubt these letters as being true? I don't.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

JWF - thanks for posting this!

I don't really see in change from the previous policy. The BOE was supposed to "review" the persons qualifications and determine if he still qualified. In other words, if the BOE has been looking for an excuse to whack the guy, this was the perfect chance. On the other hand, if the person is well liked and has influence, then the BOE will say that he still qualifies. I've seen this happen numerous times. I always felt like it would be unchristian to help out your own kid regardless of status in the congregation. I couldn't see how throwing someone out on the street is "loving".

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Old Hippie...I am with Minimus, there is no reason to doubt the authenticity of this post. The letter is just reiterating (in an ad nauseum way) the view of DF'ed individuals echoed in the pages of the WT over and over again. The discussion of suitability of "serving" as an appointed man is not a new one when it comes to how they treat their DF'ed children or close relatives. What I wonder is, if they came to their senses and don't "practice" sin any longer, but don't want to go back to the Borg, are they any better than a practicer of sin?

• minimus
    minimus

The Old Hippie is still a JW in good standing, as far as I know. He tends to defend the Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

So OH, without a scan can we know if you are real or not?

• shamus100
    shamus100

With all the bullshit out on the net, you certainly have a right to doubt anything, including this post.

Is it real? I betcha it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit