Non-practising homosexual JW's

by Quillsky 63 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

What's a Bloke, Cantleave??

And I've never heard of this org encouraging ANYONE with ANY problem to get ANY type of outside help with ANYTHING. Telling gay guys to just get married would be the extent of their training and advice on the subject. Sounds about right to me!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

bloke = a guy

Thank you PBS and BBC America

• blondie
    blondie

I have known of non-jws who were already openly gay when they studied with jws and were baptized. Three married and later were appointed MS then elders. They and their wives were older and had no children. The other 2 did not marry and lived their lives apart from the gay community. No one in this area felt that marriage to a woman would "cure" their homosexual tendencies. That would be reasoning that if a man were married he would not have any desire to have sex with another woman. The point is not to act on those desires.

• cantleave
    cantleave

bloke = a guy

Thank you PBS and BBC America

Sorry folks I forget we Brits speak a different language

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Cantleave, actually it's all the others who speak a different language

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Once they know a person is Gay if they have a friend to stay overnight in their home they can be DF for "incriminating circumstances"

In the Shepherding the Flock Book it says that if anybody stays overnight in the home of a "known" homosexual they can be DF.

A lesbian on this board said the elders told her that if she had a female friend to stay they would Df her.

What is ridiculous is that they have no direct two witness proof of wrong-doing, but they CAN infer it.

Why dont they DF pedos who have had youngsters over to stay the night (unless of course two people watched)?

God help you if you are living alone and keep a dog. They assume that everybody is ready to do what the GB and Beth Hell infants want to do within seconds of being alone with another creature with a pulse.

Sickening Dirty Old Men

HB

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow HB that means they are totally screwed. If a same gen der person stays over they could be hung out to dry and if an opposite gender person stayed over they could be hung out to dry

• restrangled
    restrangled

I had two Gays in my family. Both served at Bethel. One was of the anointed and finally had to admit what was happening, Was DF'd, in the late 1960's and reinstated. Despite his history, afterwards he use to take young Bethel boys on cruises. Was he still gay afterwards?....no question. Was he still of the anointed...no one knows until this day....he's in his 90's. Was he practicing....I doubt it, he Just loved male company.

The other married and had many children, but was able to maintain his lifestyle in secret. Pretty much the entire family was privey, but turned a blind eye. He never held any position with the JWs. Because of his charming personality, none of his brothers and sisters ever took him to task, although is wife went insane.

These same brothers and sisters were rock hard with any disfellowshipped nieces and nephews by the way.

It's sad that Gays are still so frowned upon in many religions. I have come to the conclusion that people are born predisposed to who they are.

Sexual orientation, horrible depressive problems,natural cheerfulness, or those with exceptional talents is in the genes.

No amount of therapy, guilt trips or shunning will ever change anything. Dragging any child to learn a talent they are not adept at is the same thing.

Society in general has a long way to go.

r.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but in my area gays and lesbians competed with apostates for the privilege of being the bottom layer of the sociological totem pole. I suppose in theory a JW could get away with being openly gay yet celibate, but for all practical purposes, that person would be ostracized by an extremely homophobic church membership. My gut tells me the GB has a policy on this matter somewhere in their super-secret instructions to DOs/Branch Committees.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Interesting, dssynergy.....

When he turned 30, he decided to come out to his congregation because he didn't want to deal with sisters who wanted to date him.

So it's actually better to say "I'm a gay JW" --- more honest towards everybody. Hence gay (emotionally gay, non-practising sexually) Witnesses should be encouraged to come out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit