Christians: Is Military Service Wrong?

by leavingwt 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

I was compelled by my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Holy One of Israel and Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... who is the LEADER of all true christians

Excuse me, but you sound like a weird cultist and evidently you don't have enough sense to stay out of the rat hole of pro-Christian personal involvement in ungodly war either.

What part of my words did you not understand......IT was a big mind game with you folks, carefully phrased, knowing full well by me how I would draw you out and what the outcome would be, because you idiots cannot help yourselves desipe logic, reason, and common sense on this matter.

Let me rephrase what I said in my reply to you........you are not just out there, you are WAY OUT THERE! You idiot Christians with this mindset just don't know how to STFU about this kind of stuff when you were provided with the dead proof of what your line of reasoning on this matter has brought to mankind.

Tell JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH or however the hell you pronounce it, that I said hello and I hope he tells you to avoid rat holes.

Think About It

• AGuest
    AGuest

Excuse me, but you sound like a weird cultist and evidently you don't have enough sense to stay out of the rat hole of pro-Christian personal involvement in ungodly war either.

You are in error, dear TAI (again, peace to you!). On all accounts.

What part of my words did you not understand.....

I understood them all quite well, as obviously also did my Lord.

IT was a big mind game with you folks, carefully phrased, knowing full well by me how I would draw you out and what the outcome would be...

Tell me, then, what was the "outcome" with regard to MY response(s)?

because you idiots cannot help yourselves desipe logic, reason, and common sense on this matter.

I used logic, reasoning, common sense and, more importantly... truth. AND... I did it without resorting to calling you names. You, however, have shown yourself to apparently be unable to have a discussion as to questions YOU'VE raised... without having your dialogue deteriorate to, well, I wouldn't call it "intelligent" interchange. Closer to puerile, if you ask me...

Let me rephrase what I said in my reply to you........you are not just out there, you are WAY OUT THERE!

And so, that is a crime? I must say, discussing this matter with you now reminds me of the various playground discussions one has a kid. One kid doesn't agree with the other kid... the other kid runs out of argument... or doesn't understand... and so begins to pull hair... or throw rocks... or start cussing and/or name-calling. Takes a WHOLE lotta "deep" thinking to do that?

You idiot Christians with this mindset just don't know how to STFU about this kind of stuff

Obviously, you didn't read my responses, at least not thoroughly. If you HAD, you (1) wouldn't lump me in the "idiot Christians" you seem to be referring to (we are not the same, not by a long shot, and most anyone here will tell you that); (2) would remember that YOU asked; and (3) would know that you needn't resort to name-calling and profanity, even under the guise of acronyms. I mean, what's next... you gonna stamp your feet?

when you were provided with the dead proof of what your line of reasoning on this matter has brought to mankind.

I'm sorry... what ARE you speaking of? MY line of reasoning? How has MY line of reasoning DISREGARDED the "dead proof" of what "christian" involvement in war... has brought to mankind? Did you not read when I quoted what my Lord is recorded to have said (i.e., "Get away from me, I never KNEW you")? No, you didn't. Apparently, you didn't read what I wrote, after a point, if at all... because apparently, you didn't get it. Perhaps it is YOU who should think about being quiet, then... because perhaps it is YOU who don't understand... where I am coming from. Perhaps YOU should be honest and say, "You knowk, AGuest, I don't quite get it... are you agreeing with these folks? Disagreeing? Can you explain? You didn't though... because you trust in YOURSELF that YOU are "wise." You are in error, though... and your inability to hold on to your senses, remain calm, and actually intelligently engage with me in this discussion indicates this.

Tell JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH or however the hell you pronounce it, that I said hello and I hope he tells you to avoid rat holes.

It's pronounced "Yah Eshua... Mee shah Yah." Or, if that's too much for you to handle, you can just say, "Joshua the Messiah." But, YOU should tell him "hello" yourself. I mean, he CAN hear you. And I cannot act as your medium, unfortunately. It just doesn't work that way. And to ease your mind, please know that he tells me to avoid all kinds of holes... rat and otherwise... as well as pitfalls that you yhave absolutely no idea about.

I meant you NO offense, dear TAI. I only responded to what YOU asked... as I was directed to do by my Lord. That you are now trying to reduce this discussion to, well, something of a "streetfight" is, well, childish. IMHO.

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Think About It
    Think About It

You must be kidding me!

I'm very passionate about the historical slaughter of the millions of innocent victims of this insane view, but for me to put in anymore effort into this would be me not having the sense to not go down the rat hole. I've tried the logic and reason approach, now I have already concluded that I cannot insult or shame you enough to open your eyes to this matter.

It is a shame that it takes someone like me to stand up for the slander and reproach that this stance has brought on Christ's name.

Think About It

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It is a shame that it takes someone like me to stand up for the slander and reproach that this stance has brought on Christ's name.

Ahhh, so you take my TRUTHFUL response, that military service it is NOT "wrong," and conclude that I believe it's okay to kill... no, murder... in the name of Christ? That's most probably because you didn't read past the word, "no." You should, though. You should go back and re-read (or initially read) what I posted. I do not condone war. I do not condone murder. I do not condone killing (of humans, and while, yes, it does sometimes bother me, I do eat meat... for now. I'm working on that one, NOT because my Lord has told me I can't/shouldn't eat meat, but because he has taught me that ALL life is sacred and of value... and so, yes, sometimes it bothers me. Unfortunately, my flesh often overcomes my spirit... and although my spirit is WILLING... to put off eating meat... my flesh is VERY weak. I admit that.).

Rather than rampaging against me, though, dear TAI, you really should go back and read what I posted... in response to YOUR questions. I am not a "christian" because I've joined myself to some religious teaching, belief, group, institution, organization, or what have you. You really do have me confused with the people you are upset (and perhaps rightly so!) with. Think about it.

Again, I bid you peace.

SA

• Think About It
    Think About It

You are correct, I just glanced through your posts because they were so long and not to the point. I apologize if I offended you, because in posts on other threads I have seen that you are more balanced than I gave you credit for.

I am not a Christian and I am actual pro-military, but I become very passionate and fired up when people try to justify God's involvement in clear atrocities of war and gencide. Hopefully, this passion gains me some favor with the Creator.

Peace to you and please pray for me.

Think About It

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I become very passionate and fired up when people try to justify God's involvement in clear atrocities of war and gencide.

Everyone should be so passionate, dear TAI (again, peace to you!). Think of what would come of such atrocities - they would not exist, at least, not to the extent they do! They would be almost exclusive to those who openly confess that they do NOT believe in God... or at least, that they really do not follow the commandments of His Son with regard to loving God, brother, neighbor, friend, stranger... AND enemy.

Hopefully, this passion gains me some favor with the Creator.

The Most Holy of Israel, JAH of Armies, shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it, dear one. So there is NONE among earthling man who can say who will... and who will not... be shown favor. Whatever their acts.

Peace to you and please pray for me.

I will... and the greatest of love and peace to you, as well!

SA, who was not offended at all (so, no apology needed)... and curious, is all...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

War is a horrid thing and does horrific things to people.

I saw up close some of the ethnic cleansing that went on in Bosnia when I served there.

War and hstred drives people to do horrid things, we don't need to focus or rely on what happened centuries ago, we can see it and feel it today, right now.

I think that one personal consciousness is what it's all about, one can go with the best of intentions and see the reality and then want to leave and perhaps that option should be available to soldiers.

I think that sometimes soldiers forget the "higher ideals" of war ( if there are any) and get caught up in the violence and horrid things happne because of that.

Other times people are just driven by hate and blood lust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit