Is Watchtower Literature inspired?

by YoYoMama 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

RoyB wrote: C'mon, let's be honest here. I believe that deep down in their hearts, most JWs do NOT believe that Jehovah directs the FDS.

As a former very loyal dub that can only speak for himself, I thoroughly believed that Jehovah directs the FDS, and would have given my life to follow what was printed. There are a few individual JW's I would have risked my life for as well, but if I believed that the FDS were just men, writing essays of the week, I would have felt a lot differently. If Roy is right, in my opinion, it shows why there is such a huge "double life" class within the borg now. Why get excited about the WT articles or restrictions placed on personal conduct - they are just the mental ramblings du jour and will no doubt change again soon.

YoYo's topic and the subsequent rebuttal is important - it points out the danger inherent in placing your trust in any religion. Giving up control over your thoughts and your body to a select group of men.

Sooooooooooo glad the real light finally went on for my wife and I. Thanks to so many on this board who have presented vital information that has made the move away from WTBS appeal to IMHO logical way of thinking.

Warm regards,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• JT
    JT

mark says;but

if I believed that the FDS were just men, writing essays of the week, I would have felt a lot differently.
    -------------

great point

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

No one on earth, past or present, has been inspired
    by God....So whats the big deal discussing this
    topic anyhow?

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

P.S. The Watchtower is guilty of partaking in
    the mass distruction of our earths resources.
    Go work at the Farms and you will witness the
    use of tons of trees for thier silly comic books.
    Fresh paper, right from the forests which are
    disappearing at an alarming rate. Why do they not
    use recyled paper? The slaughter house at the farm
    is another classic example of the disregard of Jehovah's
    creation. The Watchtower is fucked!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

YoYoMama, you said:

Similarly, the Faithful and Discreet Slave represents Jehovah here on earth. Their publications are based on the Bible, so it's as if Jehovah were saying it.
    Tell me, YoYoMama, how many claiming to be of the FDS (Faithful and Discreet Slave class) actually contribute to the writing of Watchtower publications? Do you know? Or how about this: Do you know of anyone that claims to be of the FDS, outside of Bethel, who supplies "spiritual food" to the writing department "at the proper time?" Do you know of anyone claiming to be of the FDS, outside of Bethel, that has ever been called on the phone, let's say, to give the latest direction the organization should take, or to shed the latest "light" on some Bible passage or important topic? Of course, sisters would of necessity have to be consulted to give spiritual direction and supply "spiritual food at the proper time," since the majority of partakers I've ever seen have been sisters; the Society's interpretation of the parable in Mathew 24:45 makes no gender distinction. So how many sisters claiming to be of the FDS, either inside or outside of Bethel, contribute to the "spiritual food at the proper time?"

Now here's a very basic question: If the "faithful slave" was really the centerpiece of true Christianity in the first century, outside of the parable itself, why didn't Christian writers ever use that expression? Certainly, if the "faithful slave" was "giving food at the proper time" since the beginning of Christian Congregation (or Church), surely we would expect to see that expression throughout Christian Greek Scriptures, or at least even once! Surely that expression would be just as ubiquitous in the Bible as it is in the Society's publications today, if it were a Bible teaching!

Back in '78, Gene Smalley (spelling?), who headed-up Bethel's Research Department (part of Writing Department), raised an interesting question in my Entrance School Class in Brooklyn Bethel. "Do anointed ones have any more of God's spirit to understand the Bible than those not making that claim?" he asked. After allowing different ones in the class to give their answers, he briefly replied "no."

Surprisingly, his chief argument was that NONE of the 20-22 people then working in research, claimed to be of the FDS! Maxwell Friend, who claimed to be "anointed," however had been assigned as someone to bounce ideas off from, but since he was in poor health, wasn't really that supportive, according to Gene. He also said that some others, like Fred Franz, might be consulted, but only infrequently, and weren't really assigned to his department (Fred was actually in a "department" all his own and could do, write, or say anything he wanted!).

Gene also reviewed several scriptures supporting the notion that anyone can ask for God's spirit to understand his word. (Now don't let me give anyone the wrong idea here! Gene's was and still is a "company man," and wouldn't hesitate to climb in bed with the Devil if it became necessary to maintain the status quo.) I doubt that very little has changed regarding this situation in the Research Department!

That Entrance-School lesson was a turning point in my life, because for the first time I came to suspect something really fishy was going on at Bethel and with the Organization. I really started to have serious doubts about the FDS doctrine, whether it was correct or a bunch-of-crap!

Since then, I've concluded that the FDS doctrine is a terrible deception, more fictitious than "Santa Claus," misleading and enslaving people into believing lies and half-truths!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yoyomama,
    You should take the time to talk to AlanF. Either by e-mail or by phone, it would be worth your time to do so. I mean, really, what have you got to loose?

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

YoYo, I just wanted to know your answer to this:

What "channel" do you believe God used to give us - not the Bible - but the CANON of the Bible? Were these men/women inspired? Were they Holy? Is it possible that they made a mistake in including this book but excluding that? Were they led by the holy spirit?

After you have responded to these questions, I will make my point based on your answer. Thanks.

• dubla
    dubla
    You act as if Ray Franz was inspired by God, you follower of men

LOL @ yoyo labeling someone else a follower of men

aa

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

jayhawk1: I will not give my telephone number to AlanF. He can use that information against me, like trying to "turn me in" to the Society like he tried to do with Robert (YouKnow). I don't care if the Society knew that I posted here, but I am causious with people like AlanF that will say anything (yes even lie) to try to get rid of me.

AlanF: I see that you are backtracking. First you say you have some sort of inside information, and now you don't want to reveal your source. Would that hold ground in a court of law? All I asked is that you give the name of the brother in Bethel that was a researcher for the Proclaimers book, that is all. I will be glad to contact the brother and speak directly to him. If it is true what you say, then I will apologize to you in public. It's time to prove your BS.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Whats wrong with theocratic war stategy?
    There are no earthly legal courts here

Alan, if I may be so bold, maybe this guy doesn't deserve to know the truth?
    Maybe none of us do?
    I know Im not alone when I say I wish I knew none of it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit