response from Ray Franz on generation change

by isaacaustin 56 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

evidently, what is the evidence by the way?

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

I know many may be critical, but different people need different things in life, and I need God. I just wish I could find him.

jdhf you hit the nail right on the head for me. I feel exactly the same way coming from a Roman Catholic backround. Early in my youth I was naive about all the theological debates and growing up in a large Catholic family, I naturally followed along. I married a woman who had JW relatives and in a few years time my wife fell for it all. I felt a need to be united in faith with her so I decided to do some serious research into the Org. without just committing to a bible study with them because I knew I was pretty weak in my knowledge of scripture and I know I would have become one of their statistics. Because of the Organizations Anti-Catholic teachings, I began to question everything I ever knew about God. Not just the teaching of the Church but all of Christendom since the Watchtower bashes it all so hard. I began to think that maybe the Watchtower might be the Truth. I felt myself falling for it all too but there was this gut wrenching feeling that told me something wasn't right with the Organization. Then I got a hold of Rays Cricis of Conscience and a whole new perspective on the inner workings of the Org. opened up for me. I believe this book played a major role in keeping me out of the Watchtower, although my wife is still in. The problem is that the Watchtower focuses so much on the negatives of other religions with arguements that seem logical that it twisted my spiritual compass. I need God, I love God and I believe he exists but the Watchtower really did a number on me and my wife. This Organization was the catalyst for my own crisis of conscience which is not necessarily a bad thing but because I began to question everything it has been hard getting my equilibrium back. People keep saying to question things and never settle but doesn't that mean that you will never have your equilibrium and never really have faith?

• JWalker
    JWalker

Dear SAHARA,

I guess the "desert" you're now, is the very intimacy Matt 6 / 6 is teaching about, where His Presence and your awareness are one and the same...

GBY

Friendly

JWalker

• moshe
    moshe
    - The only certainty is that it will take place and that is the message of Scripture

I met Ray several times in person over 20 years ago and I admire him for his expose of the GB and their double standards, but it is dishonest to state opinion as a certainty. Something that was promised to the followers of Jesus almost 2000 years ago falls more into the realm of, "remote possibility", not certainty, in my opinion, which is a minority opinion, I know.

2033 would be 2000 years since Jesus death and that does nor worry the WT or orthodox Christians at all, so why are they are upset that 2014 is only 100 years since their fantasical 1914 predictions?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thanks for posting Ray's comments. He knew this day would come and predicted they would have to bring in "new light". I see it as Brooklyn finally admitting that he was right!

I love Ray's books. For me he turned alot of internet stories, blogs, 2nd hand accounts, et.al into cold hard facts. And he does it with humility and a sincerity that begs compassion. The enormity of the power to deceive breaks my heart every time I think of it, everytime I see another person suffering. After listening to the conclusion of Matt's Podcast - I would suggest there isn't room for another nail in their coffin - yet they go on. Our only hope is education and Ray's books are one of the best places to start. (as well as the interactive support here)

SAHARA & jdhf - have you read Ray's "In Search of Christian Freedom"? I recommend it as a place to start after learning the Truth about the truth™. Look at it as a stepping stone. Although I was never a JW, I was raised catholic as well and understand what you're going through. Some might disagree, but I attribute my flexibility & tolerance in faith to my catholic (universal) upbringing. (I was fortunate to not take anything literally) You are so right - the WT virtually destroys any possibility for a faith in "God". They are ego driven and once you see behind the curtain - what's left?

Sometimes we think we have to name and define everything. Well, the whole world is out there and it's a fantastic place with beautiful people and so much to believe in.

wp

• JWalker
    JWalker

Hi jdhf,

I read (post 55) you said: " I wish I could find Him" !

Hope these little quotes could be on the dot for that...

.../...

God is at home, it’s we who have gone out for a walk.

Man goes far away or near but God never goes far-off, he is always standing close at hand, and even if he cannot stay within he goes no further than the door.

Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us.

.../...

from Meister Eckhart's quotes in : www.brainyquotes.org

Friendly

JWalker

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

So nice to know you are still alive and kicking. Watchtower is trying to regain balance. They apparently do not recognize when they lost it. Revelation 7:3 let's Bible readers know when the end comes. Since the GB doesn't want to recognize the anointed outside their exclusive circle, they will not be blessed with knowing when this occurs. Jehovah will not bless those who lie under His name. He will let them suffer humiliation just like he did the Isrealites. He let the nations jeer at them until they begged Him to make it stop. Then He killed those who jeered at the Isrealites. He will deal with His people the way He sees fit. What I feel is unfortunate, is the lies they handed down all too willingly about you. I starting partaking back in 1984,several others did also. We were told that if we were genuine it was only because there had been the removal of Ray Franz and all his cohorts. It was because a replacement took place. I see you haven't lost it after all. I cry that you still sing the new song. Only the anointed know the new song. I don't think the people on this site know what a privelege it is to have you respond to their questions. Are you ready to come out of the wilderness yet? Jesus spent time there. David spent time there. Eziekiel spent time there. The anointed spend time there. Jehovah promised that he would make it good. Revelation 12:13,14. We will see His face someday. Revelation 22:3,4. He will gather His true anointed despite mens attempts to prefent it. Hold your chin up it's on its way Brother Franz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit