response from Ray Franz on generation change

by isaacaustin 56 Replies latest jw friends

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I second your advice cofty.

• jdhf
    jdhf

GromitSK...

Maybe I worded it wrong...i grew up a good irish catholic girl, and then became a JW...i have always been a spiritual person and the so called truths I learned, no longer true...well I can't prove ALL of them are false, but I have had the wind knocked out of me, and now having NO faith...it is alien to me. I NEED to know there is something better than nothing. Even as a scientist, I admit I believe in a creator and I am not used to drifting about spiritually not having ANY direction. Maybe it was just a comfort, but I fell hook line and sinker and have such a huge void as large as a supernova.....I know many may be critical, but different people need different things in life, and I need God. I just wish I could find him.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Issac, please pass on a "Thank you" to Ray for his response, on behalf of all of us who read and appreciated it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"He SAVED ME, saved my kids...saved my life. How do you repay that? By living the life that was given back to you and helping others get free too."

I was under the impression Jesus Christ is our Saviour, not a man named Franz, regardless of the first name being Raymond or Frederick.

• kashkrunched
    kashkrunched

"The End of the World will be in 2012". Hollywood 3:16

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This thread is getting off-track.

Is the entire first post Ray Franz's response? I'm a bit puzzled by his second paragraph. He seems to be saying that all we can know is that the end will come some time and nothing else. Is he saying that there is no modern-day fulfillment of 'this generation' and the whole thing is moot?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hi Jdhf

With a nod to yaddayaddas comment about going off topic I will be brief and am happy to take this conversation to another thread. I would be tempted to view your current position as an opportunity rather than panic and run for security. Replace some of the faith with knowledge that comes from research (a lot easier these days!) and see where you end up. Keep an open mind. Don't panic. Ask yourself "why do I need" whatever it is you feel you need. Your need to understand what this is all about, who we are and why we are here is perfectly natural and humans have tried to resolve it for millennia. I doubt there is a single "true" answer. Personally I would shape my beliefs based on my experience and research and modify it as I learn more.

Devout Catholics are easy targets for JWs. (Speaking from experience). Your experience of leaving (If you have) JWs sounds recent. If so I guarantee it will settle down over time. The more you read and discuss the easier you will feel. Look upon this as an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your understanding of your place in the world. Not based on interpretations of men or so called Holy Books - unless that is what you want.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yaddayadda, I read ray's response to say that when 'this generation' that will see all things is here is unknowable...the only certainty is that it will happene, so we should live each and every day diligently as a Christian.

• The Berean
    The Berean

My heart goes out to the masses of JW humanity, past and present, who "sold out" their opportunity to contribute to the real world while placing all their eggs in the the basket of a juggler ...

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Ray probably didn't elaborate much about this change because really what can be said about it? For someone to be able to try to explain this to someone else with a straight face would be quite a feat. This to me is equivalent to asking the membership to drink the Kool-aid. This crosses every line. There really wasn't even an attempt to explain it with any degree of rationality. Just throw the word "evidently" in there and hope the masses believe just because it's in the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit