response from Ray Franz on generation change

by isaacaustin 56 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

lol thanx

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU ; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 Y OU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

Actually many JW talks do read verse 4 in light of it being an "apostate" you need to be cautious of, because they are misleading, but I think they are the ones that have mislead many.

However...when you catch up to verse 29 you will see it says AFTER the tribulation of those days the sign would come and the end is near. The Luke parallel of this account even says that when these world conditions occur theend is not here yet. These accounts are warning to stay awake at all times, but also not to be deceived by world events. Rather it will happen when it happens, as a thief in the nite.

But you may have made a point here and it does make sense... I will have to read on that.

Thanks for the information.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You are right Butterflyleai, but if i remember correctly, they disconnect 'do not be misled' from the world events portion...and use the world events to mean the end is near..making the world events themselves the sign.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Evidence against the bible being the word of god or the gb being god's channel on earth don't seem to matter much.

The bible is the word of god because it says so.

The gb is god's appointed channel on earth because it says so.

Everything else is lies, lies, lies.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Thanks Isaac & Ray. The bible is fairly easy to understand when we allow the holy spirit to teach us rather than allow men to skip & jump from verse to verse and force us to accept there teachings as the wt does.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks, this was a very enlightening posting. The day and the hour of our Lord bringng a new system is not known.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

You are right Butterflyleai, but if i remember correctly, they disconnect 'do not be misled' from the world events portion...and use the world events to mean the end is near..making the world events themselves the sign.

Yelp that's were I agree with you. The GB do have a way of twisting the words to fit their interpetation.

Terry and Zoiks if I understand you both correctly, I look at it more like this, have faith and hope til proven wrong. Well I saw enough evidance that JWs are wrong and have been proven guilty of deceiving. Has there been proof that the Bible is wrong, no, and have you seen any harm in living a moral and happy life by using the Bible as a guide, no, so that is what I go by and until God gives us another (scroll or answer) Bible that is all we can rely on that has been with us for centuries to come. The Bible gives us hope and that's all we need to know... if we skip ahead and start predicing it will bring much discouragement. So just live life to your fullest in light of what we learned from example. http://christiananswers.net/q-grace/hell-insurance.html this made a good point even though we don't believe in something never hurts to be cautious (or what they illisterate "insured")

• zoiks
    zoiks

Butterflyleia,

I appreciate your viewpoint... just can't bring myself to believe right now. Maybe someday I'll find a spirituality that fits...

Isaac, sorry to hijack your thread! I truly appreciate Ray's take on things, concerning both the WT and Christianity in general.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks!

• yknot
    yknot

Excellent discussion!

(Matthew 24:4-5) 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Hmmmmm and what word is another word for 'christ'.........OH YEA "Anointed"

Does anyone know of any Organization in which many say 'I am the Anointed'???????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit