God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mr Finger -

Believe in god if you like. No one suggested otherwise.

I also mock Satan, and Mr Magoo at times. I think them fictional also.

Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    God is not simply our disinherited ancestor, he is also a King of a vast Kingdom.

Fairy tale.

Disobeying God required death, that was the deal right?

No it didn't happen. The snake didn't talk the woman into eating a piece of fruit that the voiceover forbade. Its still a fairy tale.

God didn't disnherit mankind, he disinherited Adam....mankind was simply inside of Adam.

Ridiculous. If I kick out the Dad with his kids, I kick out the kids too. What difference would it make? If it weren't a fairy tale to begin with?

Of course the above does require reliance on the biblical account and I understand if you don't want to go there.

Thanks for that. I don't want to go there, because its a fairy tale.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That's why I love ya' man! LOL

Jeff

• shamus100
    shamus100

Perry's Bird Said:

Now we move into more productive territory finally

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

• The Finger
    The Finger

I wouldn't mock Satan.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I wouldn't mock Satan.

Why? Just curious. Satan is a superstitious construct devised by primitive man to explain what they didn't understand yet. God was invented for similar reasons. Like salt and pepper/dark and light/good and evil. All good stories have the good and evil themes. Is it somehow better to think that we should not laugh and mock the storyline if it seems implausible as we read or watch it on the tube? The characters don't know you mock - since they are just part of the storyline.

At least that is how it appears to me.

I don't discount a First Cause entirely. But I think it unlikely that the First Cause, even if he is actually a being with personality, would have created his own arch-nemesis. It makes a good story though.

Not mocking your beliefs, just speaking from my own perspective.

Jeff

• The Finger
    The Finger

Can you prove that Satan doesn't exist, if you can't is it worth the risk of mocking him?

• Perry
    Perry

So, if there is ZERO logical problems (which this thread has amply demonstrated) in the premise that we are not God's children and are in fact his enemy; then this has HUGE implications. (Also, the false premise that we ARE by nature God's children has huge implications as well)

I was having a nice conversation with another poster a few days ago when he related the following story: Because of the WT false premise regarding biblical exegesis on military/alternative service, he was instructed to choose prison a few decades ago during the draft. He served 2 years. He is now a felon and this no doubt had profound effects on the future course of his life. He stated that his dear mother asked the FBI agents if there was any way that she could serve his sentence for him, in his place. Of course our laws didn't provide for such an arrangement. But the reaction of his mother speaks volumes.

My question to AK-Jeff is this: What is illogical about God's offer to suffer the penalty for the children of Adam? (not Adam like the WT claims).

Keep in mind that God was both parent and King with his word as LAW. Also, recall that God made this offer (slightly cryptically) in Genesis 3: 15 BEFORE he passed sentence on Adam and Eve as his word (law) required.

Is it not logical that God, with a far greater love than a mother, would offer to take the hit that justice required? What are your thoughts on that AK-Jeff?

• Terry
    Terry

Substitute the word "weather" for the word "suffering" and step back to consider the question.

Why does god allow us to experience "weather"?

Weather can be quite uncomfortable and severe. It can cause damage. It can be sudden. It affects the good and the bad equally.

Think about it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is it not logical that God, with a far greater love than a mother, would offer to take the hit that justice required? What are your thoughts on that AK-Jeff?

I find very little logic in the method that the bible suggests, and can find no parallel with 'mother' in that.

• If I fell and was injured, my mother would run to help - immediately. She would never have waited 4000 years to come to my aid.
    • If she saw me suffering, she would comfort me, not ignore my pain.She demonstrated her love openly and quickly. If I fell, she never deemed it necessary to condemn me and my future offspring for a long period of languishing before assisting me.
    • My mother did not establish impossible tests for me to test my loyalty and cruelly thrust her beforehand hidden agenda for justice upon me.
    • If 'justice' became an issue - then both punishment and relief were quick to follow. Once she announced that justice was served [like Jesus on your cross], there was no 2000+ year 'waiting period' for the relief to 'kick in'.
    • What 'hit' did God take? He killed himself with a death that wasn't real - it was 'overturned' three days later. Kinda like taking on someone else's debt - then legally abolishing that debt three days later. Nothing was lost for him. Still, we are loosing - we are still suffering here - and God is sittin' on a nice cloud somewhere enjoying the pain we are in? Nonsense it all is. Justice hasn't been served. Sentence is still being served.

I know this will not satisfy you - you will just, as you have done all along - ignore the argument in the matter as 'different' when God is involved.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit