Can JW's run the New System without worldly people?

by moshe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

http://www.history.com/content/life_after_people/about-the-series

I get a chuckle when I watch that show on Tuesday nights as it portrays what would happen the the world, if people should all dissapear. Since JW's are only 2/10% of the world's population and almost zero% in many countries the infrastructure would rapidly decay. In some cases in just a few days the powerplants would stop and liquified natural gas storage tanks would blow up. There is no way that a small number of able bodied JW men could keep the world running after Armamgeddon, that is why I renamed the show, "life after worldly people". The resurrection would provide some engineers and skilled people, but after awhile these people's skills will be too ancient to run a modern society.

So, logically, it must be Jehovah's plan to restore the world to it's pre-industrial state. I wonder, if JW's know they will need a digging stick in ther New Order to bury their "do-do" when they squat down to do their business?

• JWoods
    JWoods

If you believe in it enough, then it is easy to say "the holy spirit will take care of everything" and just ignore simple physical logic.

I have become a cynic over the issue of whether the ordinary JW or even the GB actually believes in this New System in a practical way.

Certainly the GB is buying and selling property and planning for a static old system future as if they don't think it is coming for at least a lifetime.

• highdose
    highdose

what! you mean they would need people other than window cleaners?!

• sir82
    sir82

All excellent questions of course, but here is the standard JW response:

"Well, now, Brother Moshe, you just worry about getting there, and we'll worry about all that once we're there! Jehovah will provide, just like he did for the Israelites when they left Egypt."

• JWoods
    JWoods

And note that Moshe did not even mention the massive cleanup effort that would have to follow a witness-style armageddon - let alone just running things if they were left perfectly intact.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They can't even run Bethel, now, without "worldly people".

• highdose
    highdose

leaving wt: could you eleborate on that please? thats news to me:O)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Moshe what is wrong with you!..

Jehovah`s Witness`s have the most highly skilled Janitors and Multi-level marketing sales people on the earth..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are also the Happiest people on earth..

Happy People can do Anything!

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There wont be any wordily people around except the ones on the ground getting pecked by animals and birds.

So its a non-issue.

Nevertheless god will provide all that will be needed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There may be no electric or other public services that we now take for granted but rest assured that everyone's windows will be spotlessly clean.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit