Can JW's run the New System without worldly people?

by moshe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

You're wrong dgp: it's right around the corner. And I know, because I've been told so for over 40 years!

• dgp
    dgp

Well, Winston, then you're more wrong than I , because I understand Armageddon has been around the corner since 1874 or so.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think they're hoping that it's the 'converts' who'll be there for them. You know, the ones that weren't brought up as JWs that were suckered in AFTER they got their education.

So as I see it, Bethel should start targetting specific individuals with specific skills.

Yeah... riiiiight.... Cracking Up

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If the NEW SYSTEM does actually come, then everything the JW said abou alighty God must be true.

Since he is almighty, I have no doubt that in these circumstances the necessary direction fro Government would be given and resources provided to get things going again.

Much like the Shattered nations after WW 2.

It makes me so sad that the loverly life they promise just never will be...

HB

• Twitch
    Twitch

I recall what the psychologist said about the JWs; they're a microcosm within global society/religions and would not exist if there wasn't a "boogeyman" i.e. the world at large. It would follow that they will always be a small time in the larger picture and the org would implode if they ever became "successful" as a major religion, which they won't.

But it works on a small scale and will always attract a fringe percentage of people willing to buy into the ideas.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    I hope we all realize that we're speaking only hypothetically. Armageddon isn't coming, pals. Ever.

"Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers will come [to] scoff, living according to their own desires and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? From the time when our ancestors fell asleep, everything has remained as it was from the beginning." 2 Peter 3:3,4

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#intro

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Who needs "Worldly people" when you have got a God on your side who can command a legion of angels , turn energy into matter and back again , bend the laws of physics at his command? .......

That's what I thought when I was a dub. I knew all the above questions were valid but my reasoning was " Since I believe that it is going to happen, I can either be one of the many who die, or one of the few that live and then see what happens..That seemed a better bet to me....(based on my limited reasoning at the time

• dissed
    dissed

A new slave class???

Of course JG could just use the resurected ones as slaves for the honored JW's that survived Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit