Can JW's run the New System without worldly people?

by moshe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    leaving wt: could you eleborate on that please? thats news to me:O)

One example would be medical procedures. If you need your appendix removed, Bethel cannot do this.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jehovah's Magic Spirit will soon provide the largest free lunch in history, if you don't count the lives of angels.

Do nothing, sing Hallelujah and live for all of eternity without a care in the world.

By believing this, Jehovah's Witnesses make themselves moral cripples and ineffectual freeloaders. Hence their great appeal to the welfare class and the less industrious nations of the world.

"Manna from heaven - it's as close as the inside of your eyelid, Brothers!"

• moshe
    moshe

JW's would have many years of work right after Armageddon just burying the corpses, let alone trying to keep the lights turned on. China has 11 operating nuclear power plants with another dozen or so under construction. There are almost no JW's in China, so it is safe to assume these plants would become a potential radioactive time bomb. If the GB was really planning for the future, they would be telling JW's to go to college and become nuclear engineers and nuclear operators so they could safely shut them down. The nuclear fuel would burn itself out within 5 years even at a low power rate and we know they will never be able to manufacture anymore fuel rods. After they are shut down, the 1500 degree rods have to be removed stored in a pool of water for 20 years( to cool down) before it is safe to bury. They will also need electricity ( from someplace else!)during that time to keep the fuel storage building safe. -otherwise the hot super-radioactive rods will boil away the water and then the rods will melt, buirning through the bottom of the containment building all the way to the water table, then the water will become contaminated for a million years. Bad stuff!

This whole New Order scenario that the WT Society has been selling to the brothers for over 100 years is pure unworkable fantasy.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Moshe, where does this come from?

Since JW's are only 2/10% of the world's population

What does 2/10% mean? I'm no mathematician but that looks like 5% of the world's population to me?

Quick math, and luckily there are nice round figures to calculate with........ let's say there are around 7 million JW's (7,000,000) and the world has around 7 billion people (7,000,000,000, with "billion" meaning the US short scale, not the original European long scale which would call it 7 thousand million, or 7 milliard)......

So 7,000,000 out of 70,000,000 would be 10%.

7,000,000 out of 700,000,000 would be 1%.

7,000,000 out of 7,000,000,000 is 0.1%.

That means that 99.9% of humans are destined to die according to JW-centric prophecy. Just saying.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Sorry, I forgot about the resurrected ones. Those I can't compute.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Leavingwt:

One example would be medical procedures. If you need your appendix removed, Bethel cannot do this.

Come on leavingwt, don't you remember that anyone living in the Millenium will not die? If Jehovah could regrow the teeth of a denture wearer he can prevent an appendix from inflaming. Otherwise, what's the purpose of a resurrection?

villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Moshe, read Stephen King's The Stand where a small group of plague survivors concentrate on one city and clean it up including corpse burial. They also carefully resumed electrical power supply being careful enough to unplug appliances that were left on before the power went out and may have caused a fire when it came back on. The other cities could go to hell

Not too unrealistic at that point. I concede the other difficulties mentioned, especially since the Witnesses have such a limited cross section of skills. The point I'm trying to make though is that imagination, which Witnesses also lack, can make up for a lot of things.

villabolo

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Come on leavingwt, don't you remember that anyone living in the Millenium will not die? If Jehovah could regrow the teeth of a denture wearer he can prevent an appendix from inflaming. Otherwise, what's the purpose of a resurrection?

I was giving him an example of something that current Brooklyn Bethel cannot do.

Another example would be that they cannot manufacturer the mechanical parts needed to keep the equipment running. They have maintenance personnel and a machine shop, but some items must be purchased from "worldly people".

• Robdar
    Robdar

OMG I am LMAO over this thread

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'd be damned pissed off if I survived the Big A, after years of service to JAH to sanctify his name,

and he comes in and destroys everything, even selectively able to kill the worldlings and

not even be able to clean or keep from making the planet a freaking heap of garbage.

Why continue to punish his chosen ones?

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit