My children's grandmother tries to keep them from getting their burned home repaired....

by HappyGuy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

SixOfNine,

Yes.

i"m not sure the best way to handle that. Moneygram I guess.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

I do construction with H4H, although a church based charity, there is no discussing of religion so far that I've seen.

I would perhaps take the opportunity to see if the kids want to live with you instead of living in a burned out house, if you can accomodate them. Sounds like it could be a win-win.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

WTF - This is insane!

If you ex-wife goes through with this insanity, can your children come and live with you?

If the state gets involved if child welfare is at risk, they will be comming to live with you anyway!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

SixOfNine,

Yes.

i"m not sure the best way to handle that. Moneygram I guess.

Paypal is an easy way to send money to anyone. Maybe someone better at this sort of thing than me can organize it? Perhaps Simon could make a "sticky" Topic with your paypal e-mail information and a link to your previous post.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Tarred and Married,

My children go to the house everyday to work on the house, they dont' want to leave the area because they want to save their house. Two of my daughters are in school, one of them wants to graduate with her class.

Right now they are all staying with friends.

Of course they can come and stay with me, they just don't want to abandon their house because they know if they are not there the idiot JWs in their family will just let it become completely dilapidated. The idiot JWs are the adults.

My children are smart enough not to let the child services people get involved in their life.

I think that my children are going to see this through with Home Depot and Habitat, the only real problem is that their grandmother is threatening that she will die if she becomes homeless, but she always uses that threat to get her way, so I think my children are just ignoring her. The only thing I dont know is what my idiot ex wife will do. She has always put her JW family ahead of her children (and me).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I might call Grandma's bluff, but it can be minimized.

"Grandma, I am sure the elders would say to take advantage of the opportunity."

"Until you know from the Watchtower Society what's wrong with this, we are proceeding."

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Happy guy

Sounds like your kids have a sense of pride! Good for them!

Hope it all turns out for the best for them.....

• nelly136
    nelly136

is there anyway of being able to assure your childrens tenancy in the house they will have worked so hard to repair,

it would be horrible if they manage to achieve the repair only for grumblin granny to persuade the mother its demonised or something and get her to sell it after the repairs are done leaving them high and dry.

you provided for their future, mothers negligence over the insurance almost cost them your investment and their home.

is there any sort of legal protection the kids can get to stop their mother disposing of the repaired building seeings as the deeds are in her name?

especially if she wont add their names to the deeds etc

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh I don't think witnesses would reject help from Habitat for Humanity ...but don't you dare let the YMCA put a pool in the backyard !

It really burns me when people that don't even still go to meetings hold on to the foolish beliefs .... Just tell Granny there has been new light on the matter ever since the Society started using the UN library .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> if Habitat for Humanity is involved in fixing the house that she will refuse to live there any more because they are involved with Christendom

And the problem is??????

Sounds like a SOLUTION, not a Problem.

Let the grumpy old woman leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit