My children's grandmother tries to keep them from getting their burned home repaired....

by HappyGuy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have known of Habitat for Humanity for several years and this is the first time I've ever heard they have some sort of relationship to a religion of any sort. That is exactly how little they advertise religion when helping people. They've built several houses in my area and I didn't even know they were religiously affiliated.

The grandmother should be built a custom-made shed in the back yard, then they should burn the shed and then let her live in it. She seems like a real turd.

• crapola
    crapola

I'm with Elsewhere, tell the grumpy old you no what to get the heck out of there. That is so pathetic.

• nelly136
    nelly136

but she hasnt had any problem living under a roof provided by an evil ex dub eh

• Scully
    Scully

I'm trying to remember your children's ages. What legal guardian in their right mind would deny three children a roof over their head that is safe? You can make an anonymous report to child protective services telling them that their mother and live-in grandmother are obstructing charitable assistance organized by the children to repair their home. CPS can have the police remove the grandmother from the home, and threaten the mother with losing custody of the children if she refuses to get the house in habitable condition for the children.

And what a NEWS-worthy story it would be to show just how ridiculous these JW adults are being about accepting financial and material assistance with the re-build from non-JWs, especially since their Brothers™ and Sisters™ haven't lifted a damn finger to help.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm pretty sure if your kids tell granny to start looking for a nursing home to live in, it will shut her up long enough for your exwife to make the right decision about accepting help from H4H, or anyone else for that matter.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Wonder where the congregational ELDERS are when all this is happening?

For sure, the gossip channels are full of harping on how the JWs in Haiti were helping people out -

Wonder if people in Haiti feel the same way about assistance from outside?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

The grandmother had no trouble living in the house when I was paying all the bills even though she knows that I am EXTREMELY opposed to the JWs , so this "nothing to do with Christendom" nonsense is hypocritical.

I have made up my mind that if the grandmother and mother pursue this I am going to go to Florida and make as much trouble for them as I can.

Oh, my children said that the JWs have not been by nor called ONCE since the fire. They brought that up to the grandmother the other day, not sure what the reply was.

The Catholic nuns in the area are helping my daughters with day to day stuff and they said the same thing, "Where is all the help from JWs then?", when told that the grandmother refuses to touch anything they provide.

• nugget
    nugget

HappyGuy Is the Grandmother starting on the road to dimensia since her behaviour is irrational and bizzare. Actually she sounds like my husbands mother full of threats and emotional blackmail it is annoying and frustrating trying to deal with someone like this.

I would tell you daughters to continue to be direct with her. Give her the telephone number of the local Kingdom Hall or the CBOE and say, this is when the work is going to be done, we know it offends your conscience that it isn't being done by JWs so you would probably prefer to be away from the house whilst it is in progree. As the Witnesses had no desire to help with the building works I am sure that they will be delighted to take you in and accommodate you from now on. As we are busy with rebuilding perhaps you should arrange this for yourself. If she actually has to beg witnesses for charity that others are offeriing freely then perhaps she will change her tune. The congregation are admonished in scripture to care for widows and orphans who are actually widows, they may feel that although you are not living with the family you are still responsible to care for them in their time of need. Whether you are a JW or not they may be witholding assistance to punnish you, I wouldn't put it past them.

When all is said and done the JWs have behaved shamefully whilst others have demonstrated true Christian principles.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Grandma is getting really, REALLY senile...

Zid

• Think About It
    Think About It

You have some children to be proud of. I love their attitude about helping to work to restore their house.

The JW grandmother is insane. Same old stupid JW thinking.....you can't accept help from such-n-such group, because the WTS might not like it.....all the while the JW's do very little to help. Sounds like a simple conscience matter of someone extending a helping hand in a time of need.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit